This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• album art aspect wrong - 1.1.0.0

What version of StreetDeck is this bug report for?

Please give a basic description of the issue here.

Album art is displayed wrong on a wide screen like the Infill G4, regardless of the "Display Format" setting. Most notably in the "Now Playing" menu, but also in the mini view.

Is the system that is listed in your CarPC specs under your user name the same system where you encountered this bug?

no

If no, please describe your system here.

Non mp3car.com Infill G4

Please provide any relevent information regarding the issue you have encountered.

Demo version

need screen shots and logs to go any further.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Very well,

Here's sample album art, 300x300

Here's how it looks in Streetdeck, windowed mode. Looks OK.

But the problem is in fullscreen mode. Album art is really stretched.

log file

Pim

Comment

Thanks for the images and the log!
        Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

This is operating as designed. SD resolution and album art corresponds to the resolution setting of the graphics card.

Comment

Originally posted by StreetDeckAce View Post
            SD resolution and album art corresponds to the resolution setting of the graphics card.
            My point is that is not corresponding. SD is enforcing a 4x3 aspect when the screen is in fact a 16x9 resolution screen.

Pim

Comment

Originally posted by StreetDeckAce View Post
              This is operating as designed. SD resolution and album art corresponds to the resolution setting of the graphics card.
              I have to disagree with this based on my usage. When I'm using SD in 16:9 aspect in my car or on my widescreen laptop, nothing appears stretched like in his screenshot.
              My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Nola111 View Post
                When I'm using SD in 16:9 aspect in my car or on my widescreen laptop, nothing appears stretched like in his screenshot.
                Are you running SD fullscreen 16:9 ?

Seeing that you are not using a G4, does the 16:9 versus 4:3 setting under display settings have influence over how album art is shown?

On a G4 this setting is "stuck" to 4:3, but I was told, this should not matter.

Pim

Comment

I tried SD on a desktop PC with a 1600x900 widescreen display.

I see the same album art stretching as on the Infill G4. Viewing pictures using the Pictures menu also shows stretched pictures.

On this PC, I also had the opportunity to see what the effect is of the "Display Format" setting (16:9 vs 4:3). It has no effect on album art and picture viewing.

It does have an effect on playing video's. The aspect is right if you set it to 4:3 on this 1600x900 screen with 16:9 resolution and 16:9 size. Video's show too narrow if you set it to 16:9.

This is confusing. What the setting really should be called is "wide pixels" versus "square pixels". It should only be set to 16:9 on a screen with 4:3 pixel resolution and 16:9 physical dimensions.

But again this is for video's only. Pictures and album art are always stretched on a widescreen display with square pixels. This is inconsistent in the way SD handles videos.

Pim

Comment

...I just ended up "stretching" the buttons vertically to compensate for the horizontal stretch that Streetdeck does when it gets put into widescreen. It looks funny in windowed 4:3...but fine in fullscreen 16:9.

Comment

pim is correct, the 16x9 setting is only for videos, it should also only be used on widescreen displays that are used with a video card that only outputs a 4x3 resolution to stretch the video so that the pixels appear unstretched even though the display resolution is a stretched 4x3 resolution.

Other then that, StreetDeck doesn't have any other concept of widescreen displays. It will stretch everything evenly to your display resolution. THis is a known limitation.
                      StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                      Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                      The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Could this be solved through a custom widescreen skin?

Pim

Comment

Not album art. You can solve most other aspect ratio problems with a aspect corrected skin though.
                          StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                          Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                          The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Thread closed since the reported issue is not a bug.
                            Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                            X