Skin with Speedo.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin with Speedo.

This is a modified version of the Subaru skin by Vinylgroove.

Once I get it all workd out, I'll be creating one based on the Default skin that has all of the same functionality.

This is my first shot at this kind of thing.

These are just a few things that have been bugging me.
    -I've added a Speedo in most of the modules.
    -Added Estimated Time of Arrival right below the Estimated time to destination in Nav.
    -Added a clock in Nav view
    -Changed the Keyboard to QWERTY
    -Moved the buttons around between page 1 and page 2 of the Start module (to better suit the functions that I use)

I'm also going to be adding a button the the Nav view that saves your current location to Favorites.

I've still got a bit of a ways to go, but when I get it done I'll post it up here.

Isn't it dangerous to type while doine 64 MPH?

Comment

LOL, yes. And it shouldn't be done.

Except when you're sitting on your laptop at home running a simulated GPS file and taking screenshots.

Comment

Haha, good call, everything looks good though

Comment

The Speedo...

Is that speedo realtime? or linked to the GPS program and updated with average speed between GPS refresh points?

(by realtime i mean is it linked to the actual car's OBD system)

Comment

Originally posted by guest View Post
            Is that speedo realtime? or linked to the GPS program and updated with average speed between GPS refresh points?

(by realtime i mean is it linked to the actual car's OBD system)
            Assuming it is the regular streetdeck speedo function, it is based on the GPS updates, which are actually very quick. In fact, GPS is so accurate for speedometer uses now, that there are 1/4 accelerationmtimers that are GPS based, and are quite accurate.

In other words, GPS speedo's are just about as good as tire rotation based speedos.
            2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
            Core Duo CarPC
            CarDomain page

Comment

Working...
            X