button classes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• button classes

Just wondering about editing button classes??? I can see and know how to make new ones, but how do I edit current button classes?
    --
    2001 Ford F-150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4, Supercharged

You can open the buttons in an editing program (i.e. Photoshop), edit as you wish and then save as a .png file.

Comment

ya that is what I did, just wondering if I wanted to add more, like some classes online have 3 images and others 5 for different states, but I have been able to work around it.

I'm using the Alienware skin as my base and maybe I shouldn't have. Likely should have just started with the default skin and worked from there.

Originally posted by ekaz View Post
      You can open the buttons in an editing program (i.e. Photoshop), edit as you wish and then save as a .png file.
      --

Comment

In my limited experience so far, I went into developer mode, created a new button class (under tools I think).
        Then I opened Photoshop and edited the new buttons. If you want to add buttons, either start with a class that has all the states you want, or create the button and save with the proper name/extension.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSin View Post
          ya that is what I did, just wondering if I wanted to add more, like some classes online have 3 images and others 5 for different states, but I have been able to work around it.

I'm using the Alienware skin as my base and maybe I shouldn't have. Likely should have just started with the default skin and worked from there.
          A skin image file is considered a button class if it has the word "BUTTON." in the first part of it. Following that should be the class name, followed by the state. i.e.
          BUTTON.<Class Name>.NOFOCUS.png

The only state required for a button is NOFOCUS all other states are optional. If a state is not specified, StreetDeck will automatically use the next closest state it finds.

To add a button manually, just copy one of the other button classes and change the class name for all the states you want and restart StreetDeck. You can also use the tool in the development environment as stated previously.
          StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
          Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
          The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

oh thanks this helps a lot, so basically I can make a class with only nofocus, and add the missing files and it'll just work? I hope I understood that, thus no need to edit it just add the files or remove them.

Originally posted by god_of_cpu View Post
            A skin image file is considered a button class if it has the word "BUTTON." in the first part of it. Following that should be the class name, followed by the state. i.e.
            BUTTON.<Class Name>.NOFOCUS.png

The only state required for a button is NOFOCUS all other states are optional. If a state is not specified, StreetDeck will automatically use the next closest state it finds.

To add a button manually, just copy one of the other button classes and change the class name for all the states you want and restart StreetDeck. You can also use the tool in the development environment as stated previously.
            --

Comment

Yes, you only need nofocus. If you do add more states, they should all be the same size though.
              StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
              Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
              The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Working...
              X