jeep skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeep skin

Has anyone build a jeep skin? I am building a custom dash for my touchscreen, and would love a jeep skin as the backdrop.

Shaun

What model jeep are you putting this in?
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...-computer.html

Comment

I don't know about Sprungjeep, but I would like one for my 2000 TJ. Anyone done this?
      Getting quality goods and service is like buying oats. If you would like clean, fresh oats you must pay a fair price. If you would like oats that have already been through the horse, those are a little cheaper.

Comment

I have a 03 Rubi that I would like to have a skin for.

Comment

nothing further?

Comment

I am staring a system for my built 85 CJ. Any skins for Jeeps yet? Hellooooooo...

Comment

If you don't see it posted, i would assume THERE IS NONE!!!
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...06-vw-gti.html

Snowperformance.net
              vwvortex.com

Comment

ARE YOU SURE!!!! lol. Figured it's been a while so why not ask. I am leading a group of 20 vehicles on a cross state CA run in 3 weeks and want my Jeep to be 100%. A skin for the puter would be great. Everything on my 85 Jeep is custum, nothing is stock except for the tub, frame, and steering column. A stock carputer just wouldn't do.

Comment

There is nothing stock about a computer in a vehicle.

Here's a simple way to get a "jeep skin" in StreetDeck:
                  Take a photo of your Jeep or a logo or what you want to use.
                  Put it in the DEFAULT skin directory. It needs to be renamed to a specific filename. I can't tell you what that is, as I'm presently at work.
                  Once the file is renamed, set the option in PRefereferences to display a static image.
                  SD will show your photo or graphic as the background instead of the visualization.

Tah-dah! A custom skin.

For further customization, change the colors to your liking.
                  Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                  How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by dittohead View Post
                    ARE YOU SURE!!!! lol. Figured it's been a while so why not ask. I am leading a group of 20 vehicles on a cross state CA run in 3 weeks and want my Jeep to be 100%. A skin for the puter would be great. Everything on my 85 Jeep is custum, nothing is stock except for the tub, frame, and steering column. A stock carputer just wouldn't do.
                    I'm not trying to be hard on you for asking, but saying "Hellloooo" as if no one is responding to be difficult is just disrespectful. The SD community is very helpful and i'm sure that if anyone had it, they would share it.

Snowperformance.net
                    vwvortex.com

Comment

Autockr989 - Is that name in relation to Auto cocker paintball guns?

Dittohead - Is this a club run you are leading? What are the details? (I'm not trying to invite myself. I'm in the 4wd industry and I'm just interested in what others are doing)
                      Getting quality goods and service is like buying oats. If you would like clean, fresh oats you must pay a fair price. If you would like oats that have already been through the horse, those are a little cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by JLemieux View Post
                        Autockr989 - Is that name in relation to Auto cocker paintball guns?

Dittohead - Is this a club run you are leading? What are the details? (I'm not trying to invite myself. I'm in the 4wd industry and I'm just interested in what others are doing)
                        yea. I had it as my alias since I owned an Auto cocker years ago. Now I shoot an Angel. so sweet!!!! But keep the name

Snowperformance.net
                        vwvortex.com

Comment

The hellooooo... was bad, agreed. Meant it as silly but definitely understand how it could be taken as impolite. The run is the 25th. We are going from temecula/lake elsinore area to Stateline. We attempt to do as much dirt as possible. It is about 400 miles, and it is about 12 hours behind the wheel. Check out this link for more info. http://www.jeepaholics.com/support/t...TOPIC_ID=57289 I am dittohead over there too. And yes, this community is actually quite nice and tame. Extremely helpful too. I am a total newb to building carputers. I am sure my first attempt will simply be putting a bunch of used junk I have laying around into my center console, attempting some cooling, and then rebuilding it as I learn the tricks. I already have a 1000 watt inverter in my Jeep, and I have been reading tons of conflicting information about this. It's noisy, it's great, it's the only way, it should never be done... I usually don't mind doing my research, but when the information is so varied it gets tough to make a decision. So for now, and for reasons of time, I will likely just stick a tower type set up in my Jeep and see how bad I screw it up. My real concern is the hard drive. i will use an old spare I have for the testing, but i will likely buy something that is designed for more abuse after this one dies. I will try some vibration damping, maybe some type of suspension system for it.

Comment

Autockr989 - I just asked because Bud Orr (Worr Game Products) is a good friend of mine. I couldn't think of anything else the name would be referring to.

Dittohead - Sound like a fun run. You will be driving right by my shop, All 4 Wheel Drive, in Corona. In your link it looks like you are waiting for some parts. Let me know if you need anything for your CJ. I probably had and ECM you were looking for. Call me if you have anymore problems with getting it smoged. I can likely help you.

Comment

Here are 2 Jeep skins just added a background image to my own skin with transparent buttons.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep Skins.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	2269555

Jeep Skins.zip
                              My Install

Comment

Working...
                              X