Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you make the buttons Transparent?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you make the buttons Transparent?

OK. I have watched the tutorial video and began to play in developer enviroment mode. I have changed the background image and simply want to make the buttons on the start page transparent or mostly see through. Can someone give me direction. I look forward to the results.
    EOC Memeber expanding the Horizons!

All buttons are made with PNGs, PNGs support multi layer transparency, so it should all be done in the files you used to build a button. I use Photoshop, photoshop you just change the layer(s) Opacity, and utilize a transparent canvas to start with.

Originally posted by neiljames View Post
    OK. I have watched the tutorial video and began to play in developer enviroment mode. I have changed the background image and simply want to make the buttons on the start page transparent or mostly see through. Can someone give me direction. I look forward to the results.
    --
    2001 Ford F-150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4, Supercharged

Comment

You can also use infraview its a free image editor then change the .png file to a solid color then save as transparent. Or you can just simply download a skin that already has transparent buttons (hint, hint mine does) and change your background pic to what ever you like.
      My Install

Comment

Originally posted by Kimota View Post
        You can also use infraview its a free image editor then change the .png file to a solid color then save as transparent. Or you can just simply download a skin that already has transparent buttons (hint, hint mine does) and change your background pic to what ever you like.
        That sounds good to me. Where can I download yours from. I am willing to take a hint!

Comment

Here ya go its a link for the skins sticky RX8 skin
          My Install

Comment

Thanks I can't wait to check it out!

Comment

Move a button to anothe page.

I know I am crawling but I know with this forums help I will be running soon.

I want to move the more button from the front module onto the setup page keeping its function the same. Than I would like to change the label to say shortcuts. What is the easiest way to move an existing button?

Comment

I use cut and paste between modules.

Select the button cut it from that module and paste it in the one you want.

Originally posted by neiljames View Post
                I know I am crawling but I know with this forums help I will be running soon.

I want to move the more button from the front module onto the setup page keeping its function the same. Than I would like to change the label to say shortcuts. What is the easiest way to move an existing button?
                --
                2001 Ford F-150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4, Supercharged

Comment

Cut and Paste

I tried that and it does not seem to work. I would place it in design mod, click on the button so it is highlighted and I tried ctr x, and than ctr v...nothing

I also tried using the cut and past under edit. Still nothing. What could I be missing?

Comment

You need to make sure the module or overlay you want to paste into is highlighted in the tree control. The easiest way to do this is to selet another panel in the desired module you want to paste into.
                    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Thanks for this... I was about to ask the same thing
                      2003 E46 BMW
                      Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
                      ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
                      Everything is for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by polo6979 View Post
                        Thanks for this... I was about to ask the same thing
                        Glad to know I am not the only one. I will try and let you know what I bump into next.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X