Nissan Carwings Mockup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan Carwings Mockup

Well, I saw people had made Carwings skins for RR and are working on one for CF, so decided to give it a shot for SD. Here are the screenshots and the download link can be found here....

http://www.streetdeck.com/forum/view...php?f=15&t=245
    My opinion is my own.

Poor Kenny...
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
      Poor Kenny...
      Cleaned him up a bit.
      Attached Files
      My opinion is my own.

Comment

Initial release completed (Carwings 1.0)

Everything should be fully functional now. Download instructions here:

http://www.streetdeck.com/forum/view...php?f=15&t=245
        Attached Files
        My opinion is my own.

Comment

Modified digital mods to look right with the skin are now posted on the same link.
          My opinion is my own.

Comment

1.02 posted. Still can't believe it, but I forgot the shadows on the sliders. lol
            Attached Files
            My opinion is my own.

Comment

1.03 Uploaded.

Changes:

Nav controls hidden with slideout. If nav status is up and "hide" is pressed, it would put you in an unusable situation, so button was added to nav status to keep this from happening.
              Since slideouts were changed, also changed zoom and volume to match.
              Getting rid of the blue buttons where they don't seem to belong.
              My opinion is my own.

Comment

1.04 uploaded. This should be the last of the daily updates unless something major is found.

Fixes:
                Added QWERTY keyboard
                cleaned up more buttons
                added shadow behind speedometer/compass on nav screen
                Attached Files
                My opinion is my own.

Comment

I don't run streedeck (and probably never will), so I probably don't have a right to comment on this skin, however I will.

Sorry Daniel but this just looks like it has been thrown together with out of focus screen shots of the carwings interface and the basic buttons and parts from the basic Streedeck skin.

Anyway I'll get my coat as I've probably worn out my welcome.

Comment

You are more than welcome to your opinion.........on screenshots.

Although, I guess I could remove all the animations, slide in controls, and fade in text and just replace it with screens that fade in and out. Then I guess it would look a bit more like RoadRunner.
                    My opinion is my own.

Comment

Well, I have to look at all opinions as valid, so I looked through everything.....

The below picture is the ONLY part of an actual carwings screen that was used. Even blown up about 50x it's still pretty much in focus. On a 7" screen, it's really crisp. I'm guessing you aren't familiar with Streetdeck or it's skins.

Everything else is made from scratch and/or modified SD overlays. Exactly what is out of focus?
                      Attached Files
                      My opinion is my own.

Comment

"Out of focus" was my first thought when looking at the brushed-metal looking button panels. They aren't hard to make, there are some really good tutorials online for making them in PS. A little blur is good, but I'd start off with a little more "crisp" brushed metal texture. Also the blur running across the different textures flattens it out some where the eye is expecting to see something more 3D. Just an amateur's opinion, offered up with constructive intent.
                        It's been a while...

Comment

like I said, on a 7" screen, they are quite crisp. However, if someone that is actually USING the skin has the same complaint, I would be happy to deal with it then.
                          My opinion is my own.

Comment

Not really a matter of being able to create it (but thanks for the "tutorial" comment). It's a matter of priority and just what is needed for a 7-8" touchscreen.

However, I have asked those that are using it for their input. I have no problem improving it now that the basic concept is finished.
                            Attached Files
                            My opinion is my own.

Comment

Well for sure the carwings 'curve' is blurry, but also the indicators look flat, the text (which I assume is the streetdeck text) looks just wrong.

In fact the streetdeck overlays/format or whatever just doesn't look right.

Either copy the carwings look, text etc completely or don't use it at all, it just don't look right.

Ask blk02si if you can use the PSDs he created for the RR skin and adapt the images to suit SD, but don't try and mix the two.

Comment

Working...
                              X