Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using a Windows Phone 7?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone using a Windows Phone 7?

    The title is my question. Anyone using a Win P7 w/ their CarPC? W/ Win8 coming and being so interchangable between PC & Mobile, I was wondering if anyone had any experience w/ Win P7 in their CarPC environment. Or should I just follow the crowd to Android?

    Mal
    Vehicle: [100%] 1995 C 1500 ECLB
    Gear: [90%]
    Build: [80%] PC & Chassis, Worklog

  • #2
    I'd like to know this as well. Love my Dell Venue Pro and in the process of building my car pc.

    Comment


    • #3
      I waiting for a big screen Windows Phone 7...4" and up. HTC Titan I think it's coming up.
      Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
      Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

      07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RipplingHurst View Post
        Im waiting for a big screen Windows Phone 7...4" and up. HTC Titan I think it's coming up.
        I know more models will be available in 2012 from HTC and Nokia. Another question: Is WinP7 an extension/successor of Win Mobile or is it a unique OS?

        Im thinking a Win PC will integrate easier w/ a Win Phone than an Android/IOS. What are other's thoughts/experiences?

        Mal

        Mal
        Vehicle: [100%] 1995 C 1500 ECLB
        Gear: [90%]
        Build: [80%] PC & Chassis, Worklog

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 4ofakind View Post
          Another question: Is WinP7 an extension/successor of Win Mobile or is it a unique OS?
          When I was following this, to the best of my knowledge its a completely revamped OS based on the ZuneHD OS. I was disappointed that the hardware rollout was so slow for this as I believed there is a lot of potential when I played with the beta.

          Comment


          • #6
            I use my Samsung Focus running Windows Phone 7 with CentraFuse. Works great. Best phone and OS I have ever had. Once the live tiles start flipping and showing messages, photos and updates right on your home screen, it looks really slick. Ive also been playing with the developer preview of Windows 8, and is very similar to the phones OS. Although I don't really like the rainbow tiles in 8, think it looks tacky. If they made it look more like the phone with keeping a unified color scheme, I think it would be better.
            1997 Acura CL (Capacitive Touch, GPS, DVD, HD Radio, Backup Camera)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by m2x0p9x View Post
              I use my Samsung Focus running Windows Phone 7 with CentraFuse. Works great. Best phone and OS I have ever had. Once the live tiles start flipping and showing messages, photos and updates right on your home screen, it looks really slick. Ive also been playing with the developer preview of Windows 8, and is very similar to the phones OS. Although I don't really like the rainbow tiles in 8, think it looks tacky. If they made it look more like the phone with keeping a unified color scheme, I think it would be better.
              Do you tether from your phone for internet or do you mainly use WiFi? Do you run apps on your PC or stick to CF plugins? How well does it work hands free? When you jump in your car what % of use is your Win P7 vs your PC?

              Lot of questions I know but thanks for your understanding.

              Mal
              Vehicle: [100%] 1995 C 1500 ECLB
              Gear: [90%]
              Build: [80%] PC & Chassis, Worklog

              Comment


              • #8
                I just use it for hands free calls through CentraFuse. I used my previous phone, a Samsung Mythic, for tethering. But it wasn't technically a smartphone so I didn't get dinged with charges. Can't do that anymore. I have WIFI, but only really use it to transfer media to the car. Everything else is done from the carpc.
                1997 Acura CL (Capacitive Touch, GPS, DVD, HD Radio, Backup Camera)

                Comment

                Working...
                X