Old DROID X uses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old DROID X uses

Hey everyone. I am new to the forum, but I have had a car PC in my truck for years. However, I pulled the computer months ago and didn't put it back in because I got too busy with my internship and I am looking to revive the project with an old netbook because it is faster, has a battery and I can pull it and use it or if the truck is in the shop. I will post more when I get to work on the project, but first I am looking into other details of it.

Now I just got a new phone and I have a Droid X that I have just sitting around but I don't want to sell it. I have the dock that came with it. Now I am not looking to replace a full size Win XP/7 setup, but how could I integrate it into the setup? I am looking to integrate wireless into the truck (via an A/P and/or a USB adapter), so I could use it with the computer. What possible uses could I use the phone for? Maybe as a remote control? It no longer has service, so anything network related is out. Thanks

You could install it as nothing more than a second screen, possibly on the dash near your gauges or center top (where garage openers usually are). The GPS should still work, so If you side load a good navigation app with downloaded maps such as Sygic, then you would be able to always use that display for GPS while using your carputer screen for something else. Also, using a bluetooth OBDII adapter you could use the droid x to display certain engine diagnostics.
    2011 Tacoma Nexus 7 App Radio Install

1993 Lincoln town car Carputer Project

Comment

Originally posted by Lankin View Post
      You could install it as nothing more than a second screen, possibly on the dash near your gauges or center top (where garage openers usually are). The GPS should still work, so If you side load a good navigation app with downloaded maps such as Sygic, then you would be able to always use that display for GPS while using your carputer screen for something else. Also, using a bluetooth OBDII adapter you could use the droid x to display certain engine diagnostics.
      So maybe a digital dash setup? Maybe I could get a Bluetooth OBDII link, mount the phone near the gauges and use the screen as a dedicated digital dash and keep the nav and music to either my Garmin or the touchscreen? Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X