Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any carputer software that will work with the iPhone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any carputer software that will work with the iPhone?

This is one piece of my install that I am missing.. Cell phone implementation with my carputer.. There are a few apps I've seen on the site (Freefone etc) but none seem to work with the iPhone..

Being the iPhone is so bad *** and I would think so many would have one I would think this would be a huge "want" in the carputer area...

Does anyone have a working solution?
    Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

We are currently working on releasing our DashCommand software for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Features will include dashboards, skid pad, race track, dyno/performance, OBD-II diagnostics and more.

We are very near to releasing it. We are just finishing up a few last minute features and working with hardware manufacturers to a suitable OBD-II interface shipping that will connect up with the iPhone.
    Brian @ Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc.
    http://www.palmerperformance.com

Comment

Will it also bring phone functions? I don't see any phone functions listed (ie: dialing , answering, etc from the carputer).

Comment

Any software that makes the computer look like a bluetooth headset will work. I use BluePhoneElite with my iPhone on my mac mini.
        xb_mini

Comment

Originally posted by scatebase View Post
          Any software that makes the computer look like a bluetooth headset will work. I use BluePhoneElite with my iPhone on my mac mini.
          Unfortunately that looks like it's just for Mac.

Can you make calls from the software as well? Do you use it on your carputer? (as in is it touchscreen friendly). I guess all that is really moot since I don't have a mac..

Comment

I know its mac only, but I just wanted to give you an example of software that works with the iPhone. There must be some software for windows that acts like a headset.

I can make calls from the software and answer calls. I can also access my phone book and interesting info like battery life and signal strength. It is really extensible and has some built in features that work well with a touchscreen.

Maybe you should think about leaving the dark side...
            xb_mini

Comment

I've searched high and low... Can't find anything...

Comment

Doesn't Road Runner do this?
                Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                Want to:
                -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Road Runner works with the iPhone? I don't think so.. I'd love to be wrong though.

Comment

As the proud new owner if an iPhone myself, I will be watching this thread closely I had a Motorola Razr (Yuck!) and it was a nightmare, as it could only have one bt connection at a time which mad it impossible to use with any of the RR phone plugins.

Now with the iPhone, I am looking to start to try to get integration with RR once again.
                    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Welcome to the family. The iPhone is definitely in a different class than the razr, but apple still needs to update the blue tooth stack to support a lot of features that are standard on most smart phones.
                      xb_mini

Comment

Originally posted by tbird2340 View Post
                        Road Runner works with the iPhone? I don't think so.. I'd love to be wrong though.
                        I don't actually know. I don't have a bluetooth phone myself, but I thought you could integrate a bt phone with RR. Sorry if I'm off on that.
                        Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                        I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                        Want to:
                        -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                        -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

You can with certain phones. PHOCO (now defunct) would work with most, FreePhone with others, RRMobile with others yet.

It's funny how ANY bluetooth device will work with just about ANY phone, but trying to do it with a PC is soooooo much more complicated!
                          Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

As John and I know now, the iPhone can be controlled through VNC(jailbroken only) using Veency from Cydia. also, Internet can be shared through PDAnet from Cydia.
                            After a 2 year break, I'm back! There are so many new and familiar faces here!
                            New vehicle, new ideas!

Chryssi - The Changeling CarPC Project

Comment

Yea, THIS is the info that FreeFlashStuff is refering to.

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X