Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux audio processor

Hi,
    I'm looking for a audio processor program that runs in linux. Basically to split my stereo audio signals into 6 channels with individual delay and crossover settings.

This there such a program that does this?

Is it possible to get real-time (hard deadlines) with such sound processor programs in Linux?

Thanks!

jack

if any of that can be done it most likely would be with jack (jack audio connection kit) and ladspa (linux audio developer standard plugin aritechture) plugins.

jack is a low latency pro audio quality audio subsystem that runs on alsa drivers.

ladspa plugins are dsp effects and post processing for audio signals, i haven't worked with ladspa that much though, so i can't give firsthand on them.

with jack though you can route your audio out from one program to audio in on another, so if you have a program that does the effects you want you can just wire them into each other. you might want to look at pure data for some really low level audio stuff, its got a little bit of a learning curve to it though.

Comment

have a look on the bruteFIR side and jack that's right

http://www.duffroomcorrection.com/wiki/Brutefir

Comment

Hmm, was just wondering this myself the other day. I head of Jack, but never looked into it. Subscribed!
        GE Cache Builder | me@cardomain |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

Comment

Originally posted by wirelessdreamer View Post
          if any of that can be done it most likely would be with jack (jack audio connection kit) and ladspa (linux audio developer standard plugin aritechture) plugins.

jack is a low latency pro audio quality audio subsystem that runs on alsa drivers.

ladspa plugins are dsp effects and post processing for audio signals, i haven't worked with ladspa that much though, so i can't give firsthand on them.

with jack though you can route your audio out from one program to audio in on another, so if you have a program that does the effects you want you can just wire them into each other. you might want to look at pure data for some really low level audio stuff, its got a little bit of a learning curve to it though.
          thanks!! there really is a steep learning curve for ladspa.. i was reading that webpage before i started this thread. Jack is interesting.. thanks wirelessdreamer!

Comment

Working...
          X