X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Desktop...again ?

My son built his own distro

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1h...eel-linux_tech

Beryl is integrated so it allows to have a 3D Desk functionnal out of the box, should be available in short time range.

yeah, beryl is pretty cool, I have it on my desktop, and planning to implement it into car pc. I don't know if my epia w/ unichrome graphics is powerful enough to support GL. I'll give it a try anyway.
    EPIA TC 1G 256MB 60GB Linux,WindowMaker, Roadnav, Xine, XMMS, iGuidance3
    Lilliput 8", Pharos i360, WUSB11v2.6 WiFi

Comment

It should, memory is required
      I'm not yet decided to use beryl with my carpc, for exhibition ok but for daily use with touch screen...

Comment

no way I'd use it either, I use window maker with 4 virtual screens that I switch with buttons on my HU or keyboard. I also plan to prepare quick plugin for my brand new Griffin Powermate to control few functions in xmms and mplayer.
        For navigation I'm still going to use keyboard.

With beryl, I would probably crash the car trying to control things. It needs too much attention to swap screens or windows.
        EPIA TC 1G 256MB 60GB Linux,WindowMaker, Roadnav, Xine, XMMS, iGuidance3
        Lilliput 8", Pharos i360, WUSB11v2.6 WiFi

Comment

Originally posted by dupa2 View Post
          no way I'd use it either, I use window maker with 4 virtual screens that I switch with buttons on my HU or keyboard. I also plan to prepare quick plugin for my brand new Griffin Powermate to control few functions in xmms and mplayer.
          For navigation I'm still going to use keyboard.

With beryl, I would probably crash the car trying to control things. It needs too much attention to swap screens or windows.
          you are right, that's why i don't want to use it with my carpc but....there is still a way to do it with powermate and some bash scripts

Comment

Working...
          X