Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu

Does anyone on here run this on their CarPC? I was just wondering because, I have just started using Ubuntu and I am loving it. Trying to get more used to basic things so I can move on to other distros. I am catching on fast .

Linux ICE is a car PC distro based off of ubuntu. It runs very well in car pc's. Check it out linuxice.com.
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

Originally posted by kev000 View Post
      Linux ICE is a car PC distro based off of ubuntu. It runs very well in car pc's. Check it out linuxice.com.
      Too much spam, kev! :P
      Well, ubuntu is one of the best general purpose distribution ever made.
      It's based on Debian and I love the apt-get system for package management.
      It's one of the reason why linuxICE is based on that: easily upgradable and customizable, you can add any application you want simply using apt-get install or synaptic gui.
      On the top of it(linuxICE) there's nghost, the most promising () linux frontend for carpc.
      With alpha4 we're getting close to a good looking (almost)full feature release, so the only thing you have to do is try it via livecd and then install it on your HD!

bye
      barb3tta aka SanzoGhenzo

Comment

Originally posted by SaiyanEye View Post
        Does anyone on here run this on their CarPC? I was just wondering because, I have just started using Ubuntu and I am loving it. Trying to get more used to basic things so I can move on to other distros. I am catching on fast .
        I also love [K]Ubuntu, so Im playing with it on my carpc. Im trying LinuxICE but am not really getting anywhere, so Im just going to try KUbuntu and see how that does.

Have you tried it and had any results?

Comment

Working...
        X