EPIA M10000 + Egalex + Gentoo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPIA M10000 + Egalex + Gentoo

Hey all. I use gentoo linux and am trying to get my mdt-x7000(egalax touchscreen) to work. The cursor wont even move without/with xorg drivers. However it does mousedown wherever the cursor sits. If anyone has an suggestions / tips please let me know.. If someone who uses the same or similar hardware and gentoo, would you mind posting your kernel version, kernel config, xorg version, xorg config, evtouch version, etc... The more help the better.

Thanks in advance.

look in linux section, there have been posts available with tutorials how to get it working
    EPIA TC 1G 256MB 60GB Linux,WindowMaker, Roadnav, Xine, XMMS, iGuidance3
    Lilliput 8", Pharos i360, WUSB11v2.6 WiFi

Comment

i have done that

M usbtouchscreen
      M udev
      ive also enabled egalax ps2 driver...

No luck.

Comment

usually it does not work out of the box.

see here: http://tzilla.is-a-geek.com/articles/egalax/

worked for many

Comment

tried it... fails

Comment

does it work on win? You may want to calibrate it under win, and then try under linux.
            Mine had problem writing to eeprom using linux tools

Anyway, I ended up tossing touchscreen as I use keyboard with touchpad, and griffin powermate jog dial.

touchscreen was obsolete with my setup, and quality of image improved once I removed touchscreen

Comment

Working...
            X