couple of questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couple of questions

I bought an Lilliput EBY-701 and it came with an AC adapter for in-house use and a car cig lighter adapter. Is there another car adapter that doesn't require using my cig lighter plug? That would be a messy install to have a wire coming around the back of the dash and into the lighter plug. I hope I am just missing something.

second question: I bought a M2-ATX (against some warnings) but have not installed it yet. I am using a shuttle case and it looks like I can just take out the regular power supply that came with the case and the holes in the M2-ATX lineup with those holes - but there are bits of solder on the back of the M2-ATX that will touch the case. Is that ok? Seems to me that is not a good idea but I haven't built a carpc before.
    Thanks!

You can actually cut the cigarette adapter off the cable and use that cable wired to your M2-ATX power supply. Or buy the correct size barrel adapter which was what I did. You definitely want regulated power for the LCD so don't wire it directly to the car's power system.

I'd use standoffs and get the back of the M2-ATX off the wall of your case. You don't want it short it out by accident.

Comment

That answers my questions! Thanks.

Comment

i know these could be posted in other forums but i like this one
        what?
        My Install: 2001 WJ Jeep Grand Cherokee (Ubuntu Mobile, Angel Eyes, Flowmaster 40)

Comment

removed

Comment

Which you did bc Linux is niether for psu's or LCD screens
            My Install: 2001 WJ Jeep Grand Cherokee (Ubuntu Mobile, Angel Eyes, Flowmaster 40)

Comment

I really don't care just don't gloat about your idiocy

Comment

Working...
              X