Lets get brains!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets get brains!

hey if the scarecrow could get a brain in oz why cant we linux guys do the same. One of the few things that the windows people have in their vehicles that we don't is the fusion brain. linux will recongnize it as a generic usb device so all we need to do is write something to work with it.
    My Install: 2001 WJ Jeep Grand Cherokee (Ubuntu Mobile, Angel Eyes, Flowmaster 40)

hell yeah I agree! I was master-debating the thought of switching to the tux and that was one of the reason why-not.
    Originally posted by menudude
    thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

I'll help if I can
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Im sure you guys would get a lot more sold if linux was available.

for this obviously we are going to need an immense amount of coding. someone who knows the brain as much as you will definitely be a lot of help.

i have only been wearing a tux for about a year and do not know all the in's and outs as an some do. We also need some guys that do.
        My Install: 2001 WJ Jeep Grand Cherokee (Ubuntu Mobile, Angel Eyes, Flowmaster 40)

Comment

I just received my FB yesterday and have been working on a library for it. Currently I have the ability to turn digital outputs on and off, working on reading input, I'll keep you all posted
          "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
          RevFE
          My Shop

Comment

No way! That is awesome! Sounds like youve made ahead start on the project!

Is there anyway wecould get Linux discounts on brains?

Comment

Originally posted by yam125 View Post
              No way! That is awesome! Sounds like youve made ahead start on the project!

Is there anyway wecould get Linux discounts on brains?

Just got analog input reading working. I'll be able to post the source code and a test program (at least for you Ubuntu users) later today, I want to add in some error checking. I used libusb-1.0 to talk to the FB, which greatly simplified the process. I've noticed that things like photosensors have a fairly high volatility in their voltage return, would it be beneficial to multi-sample the analog inputs and average them out from within the library you think?
              "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
              RevFE
              My Shop

Comment

I dont think it would effect performance for the worse. If it neccesarry to have the anolog averaging outside I don't think it would jar other Linux users. After all we have the tar ball.

Comment

When I can afford one, you can bet I'll be getting one...
                  FunkyStickman on Youtube
                  PoshBoxMods.com (my computer blog)

Comment

I wrote the function so you can specify how many samples you want to average (1 to int32::max). I'm almost finished to a point where I can upload some code. Gimme like an hour or two. Fyi, to compile you're gonna need to get libusb1.0 from http://libusb.sourceforge.net and compile it yourself. Pretty much no distro's have 1.0, only 0.1 precompiled
                    RevFE
                    My Shop

Comment

... your awesome

Comment

Originally posted by yam125 View Post
                        ... your awesome
                        I consider myself having no life, but hey whatever :P

Attached is the code and a binary. This binary works in ubuntu if you've compiled libusb1.0 from source, I make no guarantees it will not blow up your computer and all that disclaimer stuff.

This program works ONLY for the Fusion Brain V4. I will add other support at another time when I find someone who can test for me.

run the program with no command line arguments to see how to use it.

Edit: The file has been removed in lieu of the file in the post in the Fusion brain forums. a link to the file is provided below
                        RevFE
                        My Shop

Comment

Happy VD!

Thx malcom, you're an inspiration to us all.
                          Tidder

Try RevFE
                          The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

I got the FB ver 4

the libusb package was the easiest tarball package to install.

I have a question about the FB package, does the script included place all the files in the correct places

Comment

Here, use this one:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/atta...m-linux-fb.tar

It uses libusb0.1 which most distros have a package for already. Just install whatever the dev package of libusb is for your distro, untar the package, and in a command window:
                              g++ main.cpp fblib.cpp -o main `pkg-config libusb --libs --cflags`

If it works for you, and there is enough general interest I can perhaps work on a MDX style application which will run in the background and allow you to script actions and the like.
                              RevFE
                              My Shop

Comment

Working...
                              X