X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHPuter

Hello

I'm wondering if anyone will have interest in frontent running under
    PHP + GTK2. It is running on my EEE901 with composite effects under X server.
    As a player is used vlc for audio and mplayer for video. My OS is gentoo.

For now it is private project but if there will be interest for such a beast i can
    clean it a little bit and make it publicly available.

I'm even working on simple php API allowing easy development of another modules.

Some old ( very old ) pictures can be found here http://www.c5club.cz/phputer/

regards

tief

Nice so see fellow GTk'ers... I thought about doing something similar at first. But as my demands for my system went up, did my hope of doing it with PHP GTk down. I'm now writing in C# instead. (and probably end up running Ride Runner anyways)..

But if you have something of your own, that works.. Hey, by all means... Share!
    Having options is always a good thing!

Comment

Crinos: may i ask why you abandon PHP, what was the demand which force you to use C ?

edit: so far i was able to solve everything in php - some things was tricky, like interprocess communication, forks etc biggest challange will be dbus communication and navit implementation

Comment

Hum... they MAIN reason for changing to C# where that I wanted something to be 100% 64-bit.
        So I have written my own MP3 player with fMOD and included the warning tones from my car into the sound system. So, when I back up and the PDC lights up, the MP3 is muffled and the warning tone is increased. Same goes for every warning my car beeps me for.

Also, I thought that this would be an excellent way to learn C#, something it have been.

Comment

i see

Comment

Few pictures

Few new pictures from recent version ...
            Attached Files

Comment

Wow! looking good.
              Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
              Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
              Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

I would love to be able to try this - I still haven't been able to get nghost running on my powerpc mac mini, but I'm pretty sure I can get php running

if you wouldn't mind making the code public, I'd love to mess around with it.

cheers
                jflower

Comment

First technological preview

Here is the first technological preview - it is not usable in car right now, this is stripped testing version with core functionality - displaying windows, running background scheduler and event handler with first version of "user friendly" environment testing :-)

This is my first public release so please give me some feedback, thanks

http://www.c5club.cz/phputer/download/

Comment

Working...
                  X