No announcement yet.

Liliput 669GL Debian Wheezy Kernel 2.6.39, X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liliput 669GL Debian Wheezy Kernel 2.6.39, X

I've got a Liliput 669GL and I can't get the touchscreen to work. It registers touches ut needs calibration. tslib reports "selected device is not a touchscreen I understand." I've searched countless forums, Google, etc. but unfortunately all of the driver information posted is quite old. Nothing covers X 1.10.*.

dmesg and XOrg.0.log both report finding an eGalax touchscreen and it's assigned to /dev/input/event0. ts_calibrate reports "selected device is not a touchscreen I understand" and promptly crashes.

Has anyone get a Liliput working with the latest kernel and X?

Yes I do. I don't use any third party drivers or software. I manually set the calibration values in my xorg.conf through trial and error. Add this to your xorg.conf:

Section "InputClass"
            Identifier "touchscreen"
            MatchIsTablet "on"
            MatchVendor "eGalax"
            MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
            Option "SwapAxes" "1"
            Option "Calibration" "50 2000 100 1910"
            Option "InvertY" "1"
            Driver "evdev"
    1. I needed SwapAxes on mine, because X and Y axes were reversed.
    2. I needed InvertY because the Y axis was backwards.
    3. The calibration values I determined by trial and error. It was made more difficult by the fact that the values are applied before the SwapAxes or InvertY parameters are applied. So I would sometimes edit the wrong number, or change it in the wrong direction.

Hope this helps!
    -- Kevin
    Last edited by kross; 08-02-2011, 04:32 PM.

have either of you used xinput_calibrator? It runs but doesn't produce anything I can use in my Xorg.conf. This goes for any egalax touchscreen that i have.
      Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
      Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
      Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

It's been awhile since I setup my touchscreen with Linux, but I remember trying something like that, and it wasn't working for me, so I resorted to manual trial and error for calibration values. It didn't take that long, really, to get the values dialed in.