Directed HD radio support in Linux ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directed HD radio support in Linux ?

I'd like to buy a Directed HD radio for use with a Linux car pc.

Does anyone know where to find the protocol for communicating with the radio ?

Is there a Linux app somewhere for communicating with it ?

I guess worst case I could snoop on the rs232 line(s) and see what goes back and forth between the head and the backend unit ????

Thanks !

Both RevFE and nghost have libraries built in to communicate with the Directed HD unit. Check the source code out to see the code for it.

As for a dedicated app, I guess there's never really been any interest in an actual standalone app for it. Do you have any programming experience?
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

Comment

Great, I'll check into the soruce- and those applications.

I won't build a stand alone app just for it. I'm trying to emulate an OEM radio system and it will be part of it.

I've done a lot of C programming. I've been looking for an excuse to get into Linux development.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

To make your life easier and not having to search through thousands of lines of code:

https://carpal.svn.sourceforge.net/s...gins/RadioPal/
        https://nghost.svn.sourceforge.net/s...dioController/
        "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
        RevFE
        My Shop

Comment

that makes it pretty easy !

i wonder if there is a document around to explain the interface as well ?

thanks !

edit. just found the docs in the docs dir of nghost perfect
          Last edited by elmerfud; 12-04-2011, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know if kradio works with this or is it a proprietary protocol.
            My carputer project

Comment

I would assume not, I highly doubt the radio is compatible with the Video4Linux protocol
              RevFE
              My Shop

Comment

Working...
              X