• Show
Clear All

• ROUTIS GPS in LINUX

CHeck this link out, running Routis in LInux
    http://julian.coccia.com/article-43.html

Originally posted by NightHunter
    CHeck this link out, running Routis in LInux
    http://julian.coccia.com/article-43.html

That's awesome! Now I might actually consider going to linux for the avclan in the stealth.

91 Stealth RT/TT
    CarPuter: Inspiron 5150 P4 3.0ghz; Built-in WiFi; Deluo GPS; Radio Shark; OBD1; Nostromo Speedpad
    Audio: Audigy 2 NX; Clarion 500.5 amp; 100.2 center channel amp; Kicker Solo-baric L7 10" Sub
    Display: Lilliput 7" Touchscreen

Comment

Europe?

Routis is just US right?
      In a world without Gates and Windows there are no fences or walls!!

Comment

Thats really awesome news. I guess that means iGuidance has a high probability of working as well. Maybe its finally time to try out carnix.... nah that sounds really dumb. This could really work out nicely for the future of High speed bootups since there are some Linux customized bioses out there.
        Mark

Car'Puter Project
        - Xenarc 700TSV
        - MSI RS482M-IL Mobo + AMD Turion MT-32 (25W)
        - 1x 256MB Corsair XMMS DDR400
        - M2-ATX
        - Belkin 802.11G W-Nic
        - Garmin 15H GPS
        - WinXP SP2 (NLited)

Comment

Too bad Routis has been discontinued
          System status: in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Change
            Too bad Routis has been discontinued
            that's alright with me, if it's only for US, then i don't have any use of it.

[....99.9%]
            [HW] 566eMHz/128mb/6gb, FlyVideo3k, RandMgps, M1-ATX, 7" Lilliput, VGA2AVadptrFor2ndVideo, 4CH/100rms, 10"Sub, 40AhDeepCycleTank
            [....99.8%]
            [SW] XP/MMC/FP:D3,FlyTV/AxifeFM,CarMM?
            [Working on] puttingBackEvrythg.

Comment

You can use WINE with D3 so linux isn't behind the times at all check out pycar

Nice linux frontend and he's been striping the kernal to load in 3 to 4 seconds which means you dont need a shutdown controller for it just turn the car off and then back on and this linux frontend works great
              CarPC Status:
              GPS: 99%
              Hardware: 99%
              Software: 92%
              Case Install: 99.9%
              Dash Install: 100%
              Car Install: 72%

Comment

wine?

how did you setted up wine with D3? I tried..but it doesn't register the ocx and dll files :/

Comment

I havent setup d3 on linux but it has been done.

I'm not a linux boy So you will have to ask someone else for help
                  CarPC Status:
                  GPS: 99%
                  Hardware: 99%
                  Software: 92%
                  Case Install: 99.9%
                  Dash Install: 100%
                  Car Install: 72%

Comment

no offense... but wouldnt basically every gps program work under linux ... if using wine... since its just a windows emulator... right???

I mean they might not all work flawlessly... but they probably will work to some extent..

It doesnt appear that the guy in the article did anything special besides installing wine , and then routis... (didnt appear to have any special mods or seetings)

I also wonder how much cpu / memory WINE uses?? And if it slows down the system at all.

Still really interesting... but its not something that is special about routis itself (as far as i can see) or the install process.
                    AT mobo
                    Intel Pentium MMX 233mhz
                    ESS Solo PCI soundcard
                    Linksys NIC
                    Irman

Comment

Wow, talk about digging up an old thread. A year old to the day.

And to answer the question earlier, Routis is for the U.S. and for Canada, although maps are not as detailed, from what I hear for Canada.
                      Progress Meter:

[|||||!||||'] 95% complete

It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

Comment

Originally posted by toadster123
                        no offense... but wouldnt basically every gps program work under linux ... if using wine... since its just a windows emulator... right???

I mean they might not all work flawlessly... but they probably will work to some extent..

It doesnt appear that the guy in the article did anything special besides installing wine , and then routis... (didnt appear to have any special mods or seetings)

I also wonder how much cpu / memory WINE uses?? And if it slows down the system at all.

Still really interesting... but its not something that is special about routis itself (as far as i can see) or the install process.

Nup ..It would be nice if it would be that way..My D3 problem is about registering some dll's and ocx but....never mind..I installed windows today(a very sad day for me).toadter123 ...some programs work fine with linux...but GPS proggs there are not much working...I've was abble to put Destinator 2, NaviPC and that's it

Comment

Damn... I may have to research this further to make it happen for my project I am working on.
                          My Car: 2001 Mazda MP3
                          My OLD Carputer project: Here
                          Completion Progress Bar: [**********100%]
                          Current build! Here
                          Completion Progress Bar: [*********99%]

Comment

Navigator 4 has a linux version included with the windows package, also has a pro version with api's

Craig
                            Audi S8 supercar
                            Modded Xbox 400GB HD
                            Rear 7" screen & navplus

Toyota Hiace Van
                            Shuttle PIII 866 256Mb 10GB OPUS powered
                            MediaCar & Mappoint 2004
                            Custom fit 7" TFT VGA TSK

Comment

Originally posted by craigyb
                              Navigator 4 has a linux version included with the windows package, also has a pro version with api's

Craig
                              Navigator just isn't user friendly though in a touchscreen environment. Though I didn't know about the API. If it lets you build your own interface (ie embed the map, and build your own wrapper) then it may be useful. If it just lets you control the app as-is then it's not really a goer I don't think.

GingerPrince

Car changed for TVR Griffith 500, so computer de-installed. Using a Dension 100ix w/60Gb HD unit in the interim.

Carputer Install - http://www.stuffandting.com/carputer/
                              CarBox Software -- http://www.stuffandting.com/carbox/

Comment

Working...
                              X