X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using this?

Anyone using this?

http://www.directions.ltd.uk/moreinfo.php?id=1050

RPM-based distribution with Qt 3.2 or higher (Fedora2, SUSE 9.1, Mandrake 10)
    Will it work with gentoo?

Have tried this in windows some time ago i seem to remember it being fiddly to enter text on a touch screen and it doesnt have its own on screen keyboard. otherwise very capable software.
    PC Chips 1500,512mb ddr,no case yet, LinITX 7" touchscreen,300w inverter,RoadRunner FreeDrive,BU303 gps mouse.

Comment

dont see why it wouldnt work, as long as you have a rpm package manager...
      I had a perfect quote to go here,
      but hell only knows what I did with it....

Comment

Gentoo isn't an RPM based distro. I would never consider installing an RPM manager ontop of Gentoo since Gentoo relies on it's portage system. Not good to have two different dependancy managers active on a single system.

Comment

I emailed the developers of that software awhile back to ask if they were going to release a version with US map data. They said they were, in February. Haven't seen anything on the site yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLlama
            Gentoo isn't an RPM based distro. I would never consider installing an RPM manager ontop of Gentoo since Gentoo relies on it's portage system. Not good to have two different dependancy managers active on a single system.
            if you really wanted to, you could use alien to convert the rpm to a tgz file, and then use whatever tools gentoo uses to make a package, then import that.

not the quickest way to do it, but i dont see why it wouldnt work
            Mozilla Search Plugin

Comment

Yeah, thats true. I don't what I was thinking actually.. Musta been tired.

Comment

Working...
              X