RadioShark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadioShark

So I picked up a RadioShark... found a Linux userspace program to control it.

The control app sucks because it depends on a horrible library (libhid). I'm in the process of writting a kernel driver. I should know if it works after I compile and reboot... but essentually you will be able to do "cat 95.5 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/*device location*/fm_freq" and it will change the tuning.

The other nice thing.. I hope to add a scan/seek to the Linux functionality.. but that will come later with some more research.

-Chris

This sound very interesting! keep us posted

Comment

Originally posted by strandtc
      I should know if it works after I compile and reboot... but essentually you will be able to do "cat 95.5 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/*device location*/fm_freq" and it will change the tuning.

The other nice thing.. I hope to add a scan/seek to the Linux functionality.. but that will come later with some more research.

-Chris
      Cool. Character devices are good, if your kernel has module support then I highly recommend you compile your driver as a kernel module. I can't even express how much time I saved by not rebooting between recompiles/bug fixes/blarg.

Let me know how things go and if you get stuck.
      Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X