SW2 update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW2 update

Here's some preliminary screen shots of 2.0. The skinning engine is pretty much complete, the import module is about half done, as is the mp3 player and library. Everything else is still either non-existent yet or just started.

The black hole in the middle of the "main screen" shot is for my logo that I forgot to paste in there. The second shot is of the import module in the middle of importing my MP3 library. You can see from the progress bar I've been playing with transparency effects
    Attached Files
    Silverwolf 2 is dead.
    Silverwolf 3...?

MP3 Player

MP3 player work in progress...
    Attached Files
    Silverwolf 2 is dead.
    Silverwolf 3...?

Comment

looks cool, much better than 1.2!

still some constructive criticism:
      to more easily distiguish buttons whilst driving, use circular gradients on each button that become blurry/less strong towards the edge, rather the stroke through the whole button-line, or the the cross in the background of the main-page.

the digits look cool, but are hard to read because they're edgy

cosmetics: use just an X instead of EXIT, it's more discrete - and if the software's good, no one's gonna need it anyway

i'd like to see the playlist-creation screen, as this has always been the weekest point in software i used with a touchscreen (while driving, i know i shouldn't ) my tip for this is to have a big button to select by:
      - artist
      - genre
      - year (personally never used, but maybe others do)
      when clicked get to a screen with starting letters of artist, or genre (if there are less than 10 genres, you could just display those, if more -> starting letter) - with the year, that be 80's, 90's etc. and the again finer selection 87,88,89 etc.

takes a touch longer to select when using a mouse, but massively saves time on touchscreens

is there a possibility of switching to an external app (like gpsdrive)?

my 2cents, good luck with it, i'm sure i'll give it a good try when it's released

Comment

HI, this version looks great. just a question about SW2, will it support cellphone (like phoco or the new pluging for RR?). It would be great to see a FE in linux that support that.

Comment

That's one of the modules I plan on doing when I get a bluetooth adapter for my carpc. I finally got a phone with bluetooth a couple weeks ago so I can actually test it once I have the adapter. I just hope I don't accidentally call Malaysia or something during development

I can't make any promises yet though since I haven't even looked into it yet.
          Silverwolf 2 is dead.
          Silverwolf 3...?

Comment

well at least is in your plans, i hope to see that someday in linux

Comment

Looks good

That looks awesome, do you have an ETA on trial runs of v2? Any specs for the skinning engine so I could try my hand at that?

Comment

It will be at least two weeks before the mp3 player and library modules are complete. Depending on completeness and if it looks like these modules are close to what they would be for a full alpha release, I may release the software with only MP3 and file import functionality so the skinning artists out there can at least get a feel for how skinning works in v2.0.
                Silverwolf 2 is dead.
                Silverwolf 3...?

Comment

Qt has just released version 4.2 (might only be available to purchasers only right now since they're calling it a "technology preview" I'm not sure) with some new graphics classes/infrastructure that I need to investigate. It should prove to be extremely interesting. Stay tuned...
                  Silverwolf 2 is dead.
                  Silverwolf 3...?

Comment

After giving it some thought, I'm going to stick with the current code base since the aforementioned graphics routines would require significant rewrites and I don't think the "free" Qt 4.2 is available yet anyway.
                    Silverwolf 2 is dead.
                    Silverwolf 3...?

Comment

I'm very excited about this, finally an actively-developed frontend for Linux I haven't done any coding in years, but if there's any way I can pitch in, let me know.
                      System status: in progress

Comment

The biggest contribution will be skins by other users, which (at least for me) is a fairly daunting task. So far there are almost 50 individual graphic elements and well over 200 skin definitions for colors, polygons, rectangles, fonts, etc. This could easily double by the time it's released
                        Silverwolf 2 is dead.
                        Silverwolf 3...?

Comment

Any skinning specs available yet? I can work with my artistically-inclined significant other to try and come up with some usable skins.

Comment

Originally posted by Change
                            Any skinning specs available yet? I can work with my artistically-inclined significant other to try and come up with some usable skins.
                            I can make the skinning specs and default graphics available once I finish fleshing out the mp3library stuff I guess. There is still tons to do but there is certainly enough to keep you busy for a while
                            Silverwolf 2 is dead.
                            Silverwolf 3...?

Comment

Nifty.

Comment

Working...
                              X