Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MeeGo IVI 1.0 Released:

Hot off the press:

We are pleased to present this 1.0 release of MeeGo for IVI. As part of this release, we are including a sample IVI Home Screen and taskbar, using the included Qt framework, and designed with Automotive Center Console HMI requirements in mind. We have also included some automotive specific middleware components and a few sample applications, including sample navigation program (Navit) and a sample dialer application (BT-HFP Dialer) which uses Bluetooth and a paired phone.

The MeeGo Handset Day 1 User Experience includes:

* Kernel version 2.6.33
    * Home screen and taskbar for launching and managing applications
    * Sample navigation (Navit)
    * Sample Bluetooth-enabled dialer application (BT-HFP Dialer)
    * UI for managing network connections
    * Fennec Browser is MeeGo's Qt based web browser for IVI
    * Packages from open source automotive projects are included for audio management, resource management, persistent storage management, CE device management, and system health management
    For more details about this release, you can view the release notes and installation instructions.
    Download:
    http://meego.com/downloads/releases/in-vehicle

This should have a more in-vehicle UI with it.

Also check out the FAQ:

http://meego.com/devices/in-vehicle/in-vehicle-faq
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Here's the bummer...

MeeGo v1.0 for IVI currently requires:

* CPU: 32 bit Intel Atom or Intel Core 2 CPU (support for SSSE3)
    Note: MeeGo will not work on non-SSSE3 CPUs
    * A compatible Intel graphics chipset.
    Note: GMA-500, Nvidia, and ATI chipsets are not supported.

The targeted reference platform for MeeGo for IVI is based on an Atom Z530 processor and a US15W chipset. One of the officially supported boards is the “Russellville” platform from the Congatec IVI Development Kit.
    TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
    BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
    BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

Yea talk about a limited target audience... it won't work on 95% of the graphics cards out there.
      openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
      - Always Recruiting Developers -
      Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

70% of the forums run atom330 boards with intel graphics .

Comment

Originally posted by tripzero View Post
          70% of the forums run atom330 boards with intel graphics .
          I bet its a lot less then that...you're forgetting ION boards don't count

Comment

Originally posted by DaveDog View Post
            The targeted reference platform for MeeGo for IVI is based on an Atom Z530 processor and a US15W chipset. One of the officially supported boards is the “Russellville” platform from the Congatec IVI Development Kit.
            Very disappointed that I can't try this

Comment

See, its cases like this where I kick myself for not picking up two of the same boards when I got mine.... I can't benchtest inside the car, because its my daily driver, but testing it on my PC is not really a good option, as A) The specs are so wildly different, it doesn't really compare, and B) It wouldnt work with this install!!

Comment

I was just about try this on my Joggler as it has the US15W chipset but it also runs on GMA500 graphics apparently which is an arse.

I have been wondering about the embedded graphics drivers which may be isntallable though: http://edc.intel.com/Software/Downloads/IEGD/#download

(was looking at them to speed up the GUI in Android)

Comment

Seems others are working on the GMA500: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnwfVtHuhoI

Comment

Who are you?
                    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                    Want to:
                    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Seems there has been some interest on the joggler.info site too:

Meego IVI discussion: http://www.joggler.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=910

Meego and EMGD: http://www.joggler.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=887

GMA500 + linux issues: http://www.joggler.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=887

It seems that you are able to download the drivers from Intel and use them but it seems the difficulty is the setting up.

Guide here but its all a bit over my head: [url]http://jogglerwiki.info/index.php?title=MeeGo#Meego_1.0_Those_over_there_a re_not_giants_but_windmills

Comment

Originally posted by justchat_1 View Post
                        I bet its a lot less then that...you're forgetting ION boards don't count
                        Well, there's no reason why one couldn't download the driver from nvidia/ati and install it. After all, that's what one would have to do with Windows. Drivers exist, they just not supported by the MeeGo team.

Comment

The first person to get MeeGo up and running on their car pc and sends me a short video overview for the blog gets $200 in mp3Car Store credit. Or, unlimited private messages on the forums.
                          Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Feel free to pm me if you:
                          • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
                          • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
                          • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
                          • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post
                            The first person to get MeeGo up and running on their car pc and sends me a short video overview for the blog gets $200 in mp3Car Store credit. Or, unlimited private messages on the forums.
                            Would my atom based Boat PC count?
                            TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
                            BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
                            BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

Originally posted by tripzero View Post
                              Well, there's no reason why one couldn't download the driver from nvidia/ati and install it. After all, that's what one would have to do with Windows. Drivers exist, they just not supported by the MeeGo team.
                              Is that really the only issue preventing use with other graphics cards? They made it seem more difficult-I was thinking it had to do with the GPU extensions their graphics framework used.

Comment

Working...
                              X