Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewire Digital camera.

Hey,

I bought a Unibrain digital camera about 4 months ago, i have just fiitted to my MR2 in the rear view mirror. It can record direct to the harddrive via BTV software, and works very well. Its only a prototype, but will be fitting it properly when i get a new mirror.

It records as a .mov file only watchable in quicktime, is it possibly to convert to avi?

nick

yeah there is converters. go to www.versiontracker.com
    Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

Comment

an fyi nick you can use qt alternative to be able to view those movies with other media players like media player classic

http://filehippo.com/download_quicktime_alternative/

Comment

whats the file size of recording that directly? i mean per minute...
        Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

Comment

Nick

I was looking at getting one of those. What is the quality of the images like? an example would be nice;-)

thanks

Comment

It takes up quite a lot of room, about 5 Mins at high quality is about 5-6Gig! But at low quality its ok at about 1-2gig. Picture quality is pretty good, im impressed.

Will try and post a vid soon.

nick

Comment

Hi

was just messing around with it, there are lots of settings.

heres a vid in mpeg 4 format in low/med setting:

its about 60Mb

Comment

Thanks nick that looks good, just what i was looking for. Are the still images on you site taken by this camera? were did you buy the camera from?

Comment

Duuuuuude....everyone in your neighborhood drives on the wrong side of the street.....
                  Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                  I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                  Want to:
                  -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                  -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte View Post
                    Duuuuuude....everyone in your neighborhood drives on the wrong side of the street.....
                    Ive never noticed that myself?

Originally posted by macinavan View Post
                    Thanks nick that looks good, just what i was looking for. Are the still images on you site taken by this camera? were did you buy the camera from?
                    No they were taken with my Pentax. But i will take some stills and more video once ive got used to it (working nights at the moment).

You can purchase one from:

http://www.cancomuk.com/products/sea...&name=unibrain

You can daisy chain more cameras, as many as you want i think.

Check here too:

http://www.unibrain.com/Products/Vis.../Fire_i_DC.htm

The video quality was pretty poor in the first clip, its much better at higher quality settings. I need to play around with it a bit more.

nick

Comment

Just thought id update you:

I have remade the firewire digital camera fitted into my rear view mirror, some pics:

I hacked into the firewire cable to enable a switch to turn the camera on and off.

Comment

Working...
                      X