My Subaru CarPC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Subaru CarPC

I posted this on the LegacyGT forum. I think this may also help some people here. I give my thanks to the posters on this forum for making this project possible.
    Attached Files

Hey hey hey ,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you remember me from LegacyGT . Anyways did you look at QCar?

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/macc...omes-qcar.html

It's a long thread but the goodies are at the end. It seems to be a perfect addition for your mac mini. It's not a done product, but it will be sufficient enough for you to play with.

Comment

The main problem was no Navigation software for the Mac. I purchased RouteBuddy ($100.00 down the drain) hoping they would advance faster, but it didn't work out. RouteBuddy doesn't have the CarPC features of IGuidance so I had to go with 'yuck' xp and bootcamp.

Comment

well QCar is supposed to resolve all those issues. At least that's what the dev has been reassuring us here. Another thing is if you follow BugByte's tutorial on how to get cheap internet connection from Boost mobile, about $10/month if you use it every day. Once you have internet connection then there are ways to use Google Earth/Maps to guide you around town, but this is not exactly "embedded" solution.

Comment

blaforce.. clarify this, theres another solution to the auxin problem of the legacygt other than the jazzy way?

Comment

Not that I know of. I used the jazzy module. I found a post where users tried to tap into the radio circuit board but it ended with no one getting it working. You can use a FM Modulator but the quality is poor. Maybe a high quality FM Modulator will work ok but I couldn't find one. See http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51886

Comment

Originally posted by llmask View Post
              blaforce.. clarify this, theres another solution to the auxin problem of the legacygt other than the jazzy way?
              yeah so far there is nothing else, but the jazzy mod works GREAT. I've been using my ipod with it for a while now and it's been flawless.

Comment

This write-up is great!!!

Comment

Originally posted by andrewanderson View Post
                  This write-up is great!!!
                  is it an IWSTI PW convention in here, or what?

Comment

Working...
                  X