Mac compatible sound cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac compatible sound cards

Does anyone know which usb sound cards are mac compatible? I saw there was a post from 2006 saying the Audigy 2 could connect via usb, but it didn't have access to all of the features. I am especially looking to make sure I have access to the optical out feature.

See post in your other thread. The Mini has optical out built in. No need for a sound card just for the optical feature.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

only the intel macs have digital out dont they?
      Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

Comment

Yeah I realized this last night but I still might need to get a sound card to send an audio signal to the seperate amp / sub

Comment

Originally posted by Karterius View Post
          Yeah I realized this last night but I still might need to get a sound card to send an audio signal to the seperate amp / sub
          Only if you want more control over the audio. If you are happy with stereo output, then RCA splitters work just as well.

-dave
          My pathetic worklog.
          CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by pepsibobby View Post
            only the intel macs have digital out dont they?
            Actually the G5s do as well, but the Intels are the only ones I am aware of that share the headphone/line-out jack with the optical out.

-dave
            My pathetic worklog.
            CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

Comment

I use the Edirol UA-1EX. Sound quality is way better than splitters
              EG

Comment

Duet is designed for mac.

Inspire 1394 and audio kontrol 1 from native instrument are mac compatible too. expensive though.
                Samantec

at aim dot kom
                Pajero/Montero 3500

Comment

Working...
                X