Website for mac mini install!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website for mac mini install!

I tried to make this as beginner friendly as possible!
    http://wearcollege.com/m3c/index.php
    My Mac Mini Chrysler 300c Install Guide

Frontend: Touch Tunes

Moved to Mac forum.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

that front end is awesome
      My RSX Carputer finished!

Comment

is there a way that we can get a copy of the front end, it looks amazing. especially the text messaging function.
        Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

Comment

Originally posted by Fallout View Post
          that front end is awesome
          Originally posted by pepsibobby View Post
          is there a way that we can get a copy of the front end, it looks amazing. especially the text messaging function.
          thanks guys, sorry i can't distribute the iphone clone (apple got very mad about something similar when people made skins for cell phones) but I am working on something with similar functionality and a different design.

website updated 7/29/07!

http://wearcollege.com/m3c/

Comment

Download section added!

New app, Touch Tunes, for you guys to try on your macs!

http://wearcollege.com/m3c/downloads.php

Comment

If you want, feel free to hork my iTunes code (second post in the CarFrontEnd thread, see the link in my sig) if you are using Obj-C as your base. Even if your app is Applescript based, you can see pull my AS code out (99% of it is in the init method) and see if it is helpful.

Also, if you change the buttons from Momentary Push-in to Momentary Change, the flash when you click them will go away (unless you wanted that of course ).

-dave
              My pathetic worklog.
              CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by iamgnat View Post
                If you want, feel free to hork my iTunes code (second post in the CarFrontEnd thread, see the link in my sig) if you are using Obj-C as your base. Even if your app is Applescript based, you can see pull my AS code out (99% of it is in the init method) and see if it is helpful.
                Thanks, it is extremely helpfull (i am brand new at programing, i will be taking some college courses that will touch on it, but i'm completely self taught and learn by figuring out how other people made things work so thats great.
                Originally posted by iamgnat View Post
                Also, if you change the buttons from Momentary Push-in to Momentary Change, the flash when you click them will go away (unless you wanted that of course ).
                I didn't know i had that option haha, I not sure which I like better now... the flash shows the user how big the button really is, but w/o the flash it does have a cleaner look, you have me thinking too much haha

but thanks 4 the tips!

Comment

added P1900 jumper setup guide (specific to my setup) link near top of this page:
                  http://wearcollege.com/m3c/hardware.php

mods: feel free to post direct link to the guide elsewhere in forum

Comment

Originally posted by mac300c View Post
                    Thanks, it is extremely helpfull (i am brand new at programing, i will be taking some college courses that will touch on it, but i'm completely self taught and learn by figuring out how other people made things work so thats great.
                    Pick up Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X and Programming in Objective-C. Aaron's book is pretty much considered a bible for Cocoa programming and Steve's is by far the best (only?) pure Obj-C available. Both present information in a manner that is easy to follow from the beginning to to jump directly to what you are looking for.

-dave
                    My pathetic worklog.
                    CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

Comment

I cleaned up my install today and permanently mounted the P1900, soldered & heat shrinked all connections, ran wires under carpet! pictures here
                      Only 2 wires about 6" long showing now... i'm waiting for my back-up cam to get here then I'll completely finish up

Comment

I complely re-did my site today...

you can leave comments now and i'm adding more content

My back-up cam is here!!! I've been driving around recording videos w/ it i'll maybe put some music to one and have it on the site soon!

(new url but the old one still works... maybe I'll pay the 5 bucks and get it's own domain soon haha... any suggestions on a name?)

Comment

I did go ahead and cough up the $6.50 (i thought it was $5... had to go diggin in the couch 4 lose change haha )

Check it out: Ride Mac (www.ridemac.com is the new domain)

Comment

Originally posted by mac300c View Post
                            I did go ahead and cough up the $6.50 (i thought it was $5... had to go diggin in the couch 4 lose change haha )

Check it out: Ride Mac (www.ridemac.com is the new domain)
                            The site is down... Is there a way to get this app?

Greg
                            iC3
                            Citroen C3

progress ##### 50%

ICE3

ITALY

Comment

Thread revival
                              VmtSquad - I sold my soul to Honda!
                              Final Install
                              CarPC progress: 95%

Comment