P1900 or P2140 ????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P1900 or P2140 ????

Hi folks, i've been doing tons of research...and well time has come to get physical. I've taken my car dash apart, now I need the hardware.

I'm a bit confused though on which unit to purchase. P1900 or P2140? I'm looking for a plug & play unit. I haven't settled on a display yet..still searching. I've read the specs on both, but still can't decide. Does anyone know if there are any distinguishing features between the two?

Thanks

I have the mini and a 7" lilliput and I use the P1900 running both off of it.
    Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

Comment

Either will work for you. I went with the P2140 because of USB port control on it. Which allows you to easily modify settings and customize everything to your specific needs.

Comment

Awesome...i'll go for the 2140. Gonna order it today

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by hondamac View Post
          I'm a bit confused though on which unit to purchase. P1900 or P2140? I'm looking for a plug & play unit. I haven't settled on a display yet..still searching. I've read the specs on both, but still can't decide. Does anyone know if there are any distinguishing features between the two?

Thanks
          I have 2 off P1900s and 1 off P2140. By my experience you would be best going for the P2140. I had insuperable problems updating firmware on the P1900s with a Mac running emulation software - in the end I resorted to a PC. It is a breeze on the P2140 with either an older mac using emulation - or an Intel with Parallels - and the added bonus that you can tweak it for your specific purpose

Comment

Thanks guys for your input. I just ordered the P2140.

Crossing my fingers all goes well with the install.

Comment

just to be warned unless i am mistaken the P2140 can only be configured using a PC. Am i wrong guys?
              Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

Comment

Not true anymore.

http://www.qcar.nl/software/PSUmoni.zip

Comment

Working...
                X