MacPac/P2140 Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacPac/P2140 Question

I just ordered a new Mac Mini, p2140, and MacPac. Iv'e searched and looked, and i can't find how long the MacPac cable is. Is it easily extendable? Also is it correct that with the 2140, that i do not have to connect the power button, since its all controlled through USB? Is this still true if I am running windows with bootcamp?
    Hardware: [-------- ]30%
    Software: [----- ]20%
    Install:[------- ]70%
    2005 Subaru WRX - New 1.83 GHz Mac Mini - OSX/parallels is my front end - K301 InDash monitor

If I recall correctly it is either 24" or 36" (I think it's the latter).

I believe that you still need to use the power button mod if you are booting OS X as the USB interface doesn't have an OS X native driver. There was some work done to make the USB usable from OS X, but I don't know if that extends to the wake functionality.

Poke around the CarNetix site, there should be more info available there.

-dave
    My pathetic worklog.
    CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

Comment

You have to do the power button mod. The sleep functionality is based on pushing the power button.

Comment

Originally posted by Machinehead View Post
        You have to do the power button mod. The sleep functionality is based on pushing the power button.
        Nope. There are quite a few alternative approaches. You can for example poll the 2140 for the IGN line state and put the Mac to sleep programmatically when the line has been down for some time. Wake-up (not power on unfortunately) can be arranged by USB pulse or by connecting (powering on) a device to the USB.

Comment

Originally posted by Jirka Jirout View Post
          Nope. There are quite a few alternative approaches. You can for example poll the 2140 for the IGN line state and put the Mac to sleep programmatically when the line has been down for some time. Wake-up (not power on unfortunately) can be arranged by USB pulse or by connecting (powering on) a device to the USB.
          I should have figured there was more than one way to skin a cat.

Comment

One more question as im getting close to installing (yeah right) is the extra red wire on the macpac cable not used? It is in the place normally for the primary output.
            2005 Subaru WRX - New 1.83 GHz Mac Mini - OSX/parallels is my front end - K301 InDash monitor

Comment

just dont use it.
              Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

Comment

Originally posted by pepsibobby View Post
                just dont use it.
                All shrink wrapped and taped up then, Thanks

Comment

The extra red cable i assume is where you would power a screen from... i think, doing the install today

Comment

Working...
                  X