Leopard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leopard

Has anyone tried 10.5 in their car? I think it would be fantastic, I just haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

Any word on if the Lilliput drivers will work with 10.5?

I'm running 10.5 on my 1.42ghz PPC Mini. It works fine. More sluggish than Tiger, but I only have 512mb RAM in it.

Touchscreen is busted, so can't say if Lilli drivers work. GPSDX doesn't do very well, though. I was using it on a Royaltek Sapphire GPS with USB to serial bridge feeding Roadnav, Kismet and Google Earth. On Tiger, no problems. Leopard seems to continually lose track of the GPS and roadnav keeps reporting no GPS detected.

Switching it over to just the serial address fixes the problem but of course, you can't share the GPS output anymore.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Is Front Row now available on all macs or are they still locking it out to only ones with built in IR?

Comment

it is now available on all macs.
        Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

Comment

I have already installed Leopard on my Volvo Mac mini, including some modules using the new Leopard-only functions (QT capture framework, iCal framework). So far, everything works fine.

A colleague of mine has collected a rather extensive list of Leopard bugs, but none of them are of high relevance for in-car use.

Comment

Originally posted by pepsibobby View Post
            it is now available on all macs.
            Cool, thanks. I read on the apple site that it was still restricted to the built in IR boxes, if its available on all macs I may have no reason not to upgrade.

Comment

i was running 10.5 on my gateway laptop for a little while in the car, but switched back to xp. i'm thinking about going back to it now that they have pc_efi pretty much mastered and you don't need the install dvd always inserted in the dvd drive to boot any more.

it would be cool to use a combo of spaces and parallels in conjunction with a hotkey to switch between fullscreen instances of xp and leo. are any of the other os x users using that method? i seem to remember someone posting about that here earlier iirc...

Comment

I'm running it now, and I see a few issues. My USB devices aren't always recognized after it wakes from sleep...including Apple Keyboard. I need to restart for them to show up in system profiler. The 4 devices that I have connected are, touchscreen, powermate, gps, and keyboard. Without fail 1 or 2 those devices will not work when mini wakes from sleep. I should mention they are all connected through a USB hub; but I do not recall having this issue with Tiger with the same exact setup. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte View Post
                  I'm running 10.5 on my 1.42ghz PPC Mini. It works fine. More sluggish than Tiger, but I only have 512mb RAM in it.

Touchscreen is busted, so can't say if Lilli drivers work. GPSDX doesn't do very well, though. I was using it on a Royaltek Sapphire GPS with USB to serial bridge feeding Roadnav, Kismet and Google Earth. On Tiger, no problems. Leopard seems to continually lose track of the GPS and roadnav keeps reporting no GPS detected.

Switching it over to just the serial address fixes the problem but of course, you can't share the GPS output anymore.
                  Leopard touchkit beta drivers, incase your current drivers does not work in 10.5

http://210.64.17.162/web20/TouckDriv...ntelDriver.htm

Comment

I have recently experienced an issue with deep sleep - instead of waking up, the mini just boots up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jirka Jirout View Post
                      I have recently experienced an issue with deep sleep - instead of waking up, the mini just boots up.
                      That I also noticed in Tiger. Did it always work for you in Tiger?

Comment

Originally posted by godraj View Post
                        That I also noticed in Tiger. Did it always work for you in Tiger?
                        It did, but I have switched to Intel mini now as well - so the problem may be related to hardware, not OS version.

Comment

It did, but I have switched to Intel mini now as well - so the problem may be related to hardware, not OS version.
                          Ahhh IC. Are all your USB's going to into mini or self powered hub? And how well did they all recognize when it woke from safe sleep.

Comment

Only HQCT eA is connected directly to the mini. All the remaining devices are connected using two hubs (in a chain) and the power of these hubs is completely isolated from the Mini. And AFAIK there was never any problem with recognizing the devices - either on my PPC or on Intels of my colleagues and a few customers.

As a matter of fact the only two USB devices causing problems are USB modems for CDMA (EVDO-1?) and 3G (Huawei E220). These sometimes just stop working and need to be re-plugged, sometimes they disconnect so long that sleep or shutdown attempts can't be completed etc.

Comment

Only HQCT eA is connected directly to the mini. All the remaining devices are connected using two hubs (in a chain) and the power of these hubs is completely isolated from the Mini. And AFAIK there was never any problem with recognizing the devices - either on my PPC or on Intels of my colleagues and a few customers.

As a matter of fact the only two USB devices causing problems are USB modems for CDMA (EVDO-1?) and 3G (Huawei E220). These sometimes just stop working and need to be re-plugged, sometimes they disconnect so long that sleep or shutdown attempts can't be completed etc.
                              That's interesting. What version of the P1900 firmware are you on? The reason I ask is because I noticed the same issue before Mike had extended the ACPI pulse about a year ago. 6 months ago there was another update that extends the pulse to 1.7seconds and also prevents mini from going into overcurrent. I think this is more apparent for Core 2 Duo machines, although I did notice it with the Core Duo's as well. So if you haven't done the update, it MAY fix your issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X