• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mini in action

Here is my mini doing its stuff:

The radioshark is connected to car aerial as per hack in :

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/macc...shark-mod.html

Reception is ok I would say 85% the quality of a headunit. Adequate though.

PC Navigator is great.

[media]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wV2NWIAGrZw[/media]

Nice setup. i just finished my Mac Mini Dodge Nitro. Still working on front end selections software, etc. I am curious. What is the front end you were using on the MAC side. It looked like Front Row but your touchscreen worked without frremote, was it AMP? How did you get the touchscreen to work. I am very curios about what softare you used.
    Right now I got OS X Leopard, running Parallels with Streetdeck as my front end. Occasionaly I get a lock up when I wake upi the unit. (Seems to hav soemthing to do with mappoint) Any info on your software choices would be appreciated.

Comment

Pretty sure it was AMP and then Road Runner at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by djtrick9 View Post
        Nice setup. i just finished my Mac Mini Dodge Nitro. Still working on front end selections software, etc. I am curious. What is the front end you were using on the MAC side. It looked like Front Row but your touchscreen worked without frremote, was it AMP? How did you get the touchscreen to work. I am very curios about what softare you used.
        Right now I got OS X Leopard, running Parallels with Streetdeck as my front end. Occasionaly I get a lock up when I wake upi the unit. (Seems to hav soemthing to do with mappoint) Any info on your software choices would be appreciated.
        Thanks.

Its AMP by Aychamo. An excellent front end.

Comment

which version re you using. I have seen 1.0, 1.4 and 2.0 but the only versions i found were uncompiled.

I am still trying to find an already compiled version. Once I get my car back from the shop, i will give AMP a shot.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by djtrick9 View Post
            which version re you using. I have seen 1.0, 1.4 and 2.0 but the only versions i found were uncompiled.

I am still trying to find an already compiled version. Once I get my car back from the shop, i will give AMP a shot.

thanks
            thats funny cuz when I first got here I looked all over the place for the AMP source code so I could modify it. all I found were dead links. Oh well guess thats how I ended up making my own FE.
            check us out at: www.neonboombox.com

Comment

I have AMP 1.4 (compiled) as well as the source code for AMP1 and AMP2 here but don't know if there are any legal implications to hosting them on my server. Does anyone know if they were released and can be legally hosted/posted?

Comment

according to the AMP forum they were released. Pretty sure with no legal implications. check some of the source header files they usually contain any licensing terms. or read the read me if there is one
                check us out at: www.neonboombox.com

Comment

OK, click here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/amp/...ml#post1181100

Comment

NeonDev, you can still find it out there. It is actually posted up as xAMP under sourceforge. It has the 1.0 and 2.0 code.

Thanks again to CrimsonAudio for posting up the compiled v1.4 I am going to ake a look at it tonight (should have my Nitro back by then)

Has anyone actually compiled and run the 2.0 succesfully yet? Sawa a few posts that it was quite buggy.

Comment

I found it quite buggy. When I attempted to load a slide show from the photo menu my Mini completely crashed and rebooted on its own! Now THATS a crash for a Mac. I'm using Amp 1.4 at the moment. Not very intuitive layout but the overall UI is what I was close to what I was looking for. What I want is a Front Row 2 without all the quirks and touchscreen/finger flick scrolling (ala iPhone). I would pay money for that.

Nice setup you have going though. Hopefully once my installation is finalized I will be able to do stuff that efficiently.

Comment

Working...
                      X