Navigation solution?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation solution?

So, I bought and installed RouteBuddy with the North America map and have to admit, I'm vastly underwhelmed. I don't know why I thought this, but I figured it would work something like a TomTom or Garmin system, but it's a far cry from that. I've searched around but am starting to think there are no real navigation options for OSX - is this correct?

As it stands right now, my in-car nav is basically just "hey, look at this" - it's totally useless as a navigation system. What, if anything, can I do?

TIA,

Yes routebuddy is poor when compared to windows offerings.

I still use it now and again, but i mainly run Parallels with PC Navigator 6 :

[media]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wV2NWIAGrZw[/media]

It works like a proper sat nav and I think is very good.

nick

Comment

That's a great idea, but it looks as if PC Navigator only has maps for Europe/UK...

I 'll look about in the PC forums above - I hadn't considered running a Parallels plug-in in AMP...

Anyone else with any ideas?

Comment

Routebuddy isn't a navigation solution for in-car use.

Our navigation solution is ready now, but we have to finish our contract with TeleAtlast before we can start to distribute it with QCar.

Comment

That sound great Jirka! do you have any more information about of your navigation solution ? maybe even screenshots ?

Comment

i use iNav thru parallels. Works very similar to Garmin.

Comment

RoadNav

Does anyone have experience with RoadNav? http://roadnav.sourceforge.net/index.php

Comment

How does RouteBuddy compare with the Honda Ridgeline's nav system? That's all I've dealt with.

Scott

Comment

I tried RoadNav. It was horrible. It would tell me to take turns while I was under overpasses and other strange things. It doesn't understand on/off ramps and exits or how roads intersect with each other. It also doesn't have an on-screen keyboard built in. Then, I bought iGuidance and couldn't be happier. It is an excellent product.

Comment

Originally posted by labenedict View Post
                    I tried RoadNav. It was horrible. It would tell me to take turns while I was under overpasses and other strange things. It doesn't understand on/off ramps and exits or how roads intersect with each other. It also doesn't have an on-screen keyboard built in. Then, I bought iGuidance and couldn't be happier. It is an excellent product.
                    I checked into iGuidance and it appears to only be for Windows software. Have you found a Mac version?

Scott

Comment

There is no iGuidance for mac , although there was talk of them doing so but that was along time ago and I don't think it will happen.

You'd have to run it via a VM under windows.

Try Parallels.

Comment

Ah. So you're running the program on a Mac this way?

Scott

Comment

All navigation apps on the Mac that I have seen are horrible. They are completely unusable for me. I run iGuidance inside of Parallels and it works perfect.

Comment

Working...
                          X