Road Runner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Runner

anyone know where there is a good manual for the void skin? I've been messing with it a bit but I'd like to know how everything works.

Originally posted by super-fly View Post
    anyone know where there is a good manual for the void skin? I've been messing with it a bit but I'd like to know how everything works.
    There's no "manual" that I know of. Not for any skin on the forums.

You just ahave to useit, check the readme files, and read the threads for each skin.........

There's a wiki on it around somewhere............

Check the mp3car wiki pages
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Road Runner

I haven't recieved my new mini yet but I hav installed fusion and iguidance on my MacBook. I was wondering if anyone is running road runner also. If so what are your experience/opinions. Thanks.

Comment

ive got the same setup on my mac! fusion is booting right into my "carpc" for testing and configuring while im in the office on teh forums
        ive use RR and i love it i use the LSX VOID skin cause its COMPLETELY user customizable and has a great bunch of user settings in a very controllable skin, iguidance ALSO works great! i installed about 4 other gps software titles before i finally got iG4 and i love it the most, i turn off the auto zoom cause i find it rather annoying but other that that RR + LSXVOID with the bonus of iguidance 4 is a great set up

look at getting xport too it will help you trust me
        MY build...a walk thru, finally getting to it

Comment

I had issues with xport under fusion. It would BSOD on my mini. The issue may have been fixed since I tried it about a year ago. I ended up dumping OSX and going strictly bootcamp.

Comment

sorry...whats xport

Comment

virtual port splitter.

it allows more than one application to use a peripheral on a port.

It's PC software, not sure if that will be any help to you without running boot camp or something similar..........

Cheers
              For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
              Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

so what would i use xport for then

Comment

You can use x-port to split your GPS signal into 2 or more ports so you can run two apps that need a GPS signal run in them.
                  1997 Pontiac Bonneville RIP 10/29/09
                  1997 JEEP Grand Cherokee
                  Software: (|||||||---) 70%
                  Hardware: (|||||||---) 70%
                  Car PC Install (----------) 0%

HuntingKnightSM

Comment

oh ok...so what other types of programs would require gps besides navigation? I saw something about a gas station finder or something, I'm not sure if that would be an example, and i'm assuming you would some sort of internet connection for it also.

Also, I see eric and greatwhite above use the lsx void skin. Is this the best skin out there, or is it just a matter of preference. Do they all do the same things, just look different?

Comment

Aside from nav, some of the front ends use it to put your speed on the skin, set the time for the clock, implement a trip function, figure out when to autodim the skin based on your local sunset. Stuff like that.

I've just started using the LSX Void skin and have found it to be far and away the best skin I've seen so far. Very well implemented.
                      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                      Want to:
                      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

DFX 3.0 is a nice skin as well. Very complete. It's all a matter of preference.

Comment

so i installed road runner and the lsx skin but when i launch RR it just hangs on the lsx screen...what have I done wrong

Comment

it could be a few things, you should ask in the main lsx thread
                            have you set up the path to Winamp?
                            MY build...a walk thru, finally getting to it

Comment

READ the first post. You need to get rid of one of the dll's that comes with RR and update to LSX 3.2 or whatever. I had the same issue last night, trying to install it!
                              Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                              I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                              Want to:
                              -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                              -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Working...
                              X