MacMini Car Idea, Help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacMini Car Idea, Help?

I am looking at buying a 2008 Mazda3 and adding the folowing components to the car for the CarPuter.

Mac Mini
    GlobalSat BT-359 GPS Receiver
    RouteBuddy + Maps
    7" Xenarc 700TSV VGA / RCA Touch Screen
    CNX-P1900 Power Supply
    MacPac Cables for P1900
    CNX-P5V Regulator for P1900
    Griffin RadioShark2
    Griffin PowerMate
    Stereo Amplifier (Brand not Determined)

I would ideally like to make it so that I could have an on-screen keyboard for text entry into things like RouteBuddy for directions yada yada. Also would like to have the mouse controlled via screen movements. I am not sure if there are applications/drivers or if it will work native with the mini.

If there is ANYTHING that I have missed in this list and will need, please let me know.

osx has a built in on screen keyboard

Comment

NICE how do i bring this up?

Comment

Just type "keyboard viewer" into the OSX help menu. It's located in the control panels under international.
        Originally posted by ghettocruzer
        I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
        Want to:
        -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
        -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

I would just have one question, I'm also ordering same parts for installation into my mini cooper and I was just wondering why would you need the CNX-P5V Regulator for P1900 (the third output)?

Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by jcrawford View Post
            NICE how do i bring this up?
            You can set it up so it is in the dropdown menus in the top right corner where the volume and display menus are.

Comment

Originally posted by chiuaua View Post
              I would just have one question, I'm also ordering same parts for installation into my mini cooper and I was just wondering why would you need the CNX-P5V Regulator for P1900 (the third output)?

Thanks...
              To power a USB hub.
              Originally posted by ghettocruzer
              I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
              Want to:
              -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
              -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Griffin iMic can be a good accessory too if you want to add a microphone to the mac or I think put an interface between your mac and amp.
                Samantec

at aim dot kom
                Pajero/Montero 3500

Comment

Working...
                X