DVD in Fusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD in Fusion

Is anyone else using fusion having trouble getting a dvd to play. I have tried everything I caould think of and find on the net. Fusion says something about DMA or something, Im not sure of the exact msg right now. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I don't have an answer, but a dumb question:

Why do DVD playback in Fusion?

Comment

um....cause im using a windows front end

Comment

Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by super-fly View Post
          um....cause im using a windows front end
          With all the issues you've been having, it may make sense to use Bootcamp rather than fusion. If you can get everything to work right in Fusion, more power to you. I wasn't able to and decided to cut bait.

Comment

yeah thats what I was thinking last night...I havent looked into it yet but is it possible for the two partitions to access each other

Comment

I know you can use fusion to access a bootcamp partition. I don't believe a OSX partition is accessible through WinXP. I didn't even create an OSX partition, just installed windows right onto my mini.

Comment

here is something that may help you
                check us out at: www.neonboombox.com

Comment

Windows does not come built in with software to decode DVDs. That is probably what you're running into. Booting into Bootcamp/Fusion shouldn't have anything to do with it I would imagine.

Comment

so i need a dvd program...I can't just play a dvd with media player?

Comment

yeah with windows you have to have a dvd decoder. windvd or powerdvd or something like that for it to work. if i remember correctly a lot of dvds have that software on the disk, and will try to install it when you insert the disk.
                      Check out the new version of NAS, a cross platform music frontend here

Comment

Working...
                      X