P1900 Set-up Q's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P1900 Set-up Q's

Just installed the P1900 v 2.2 and an Intel Mac Mini. I've got a solid red light on the P1900, but the Mac doesn't come on automatically or respond to the power button when connected to the P1900. When connected to a wall power supply the button does work.

Here's how I have the jumpers configured (picture was too blury):

Jumper Functions
    JP1 (O) Pulse Start Input
    (J) Deadman Timer
    (J) Hibernate/Standby(Sleep)
    Shutdown Delay Time
    JP2 (J)+5V / (O) +12V / (O) +13V Select
    JP3 (O) ACPI Relay Output
    JP4 (J 5v) Secondary Output Control
    JP5 (J 5v) Secondary Output Source
    JP6 (J) +18V / (O) +19V/ (O) +20V Select
    JP7 (J) v2.2 Built-in Resistor
    Any advice? I'm hoping that I set one of them incorrectly

Thanks,

Sean
    The Mercenary Missileer's 2000 Toyota 4Runner Highlander Edition

I took a video of the startup and shut down. During this the Mac Mini never started automatically and wouldn't respond to it's power button.

After filming this I restarted the truck and this time there were no lights on the P1900, but the Mac started with it's power button and it shut down when I turned the truck off

The next time I started the truck I got the startup chime on the Mac and then it shut down when I turned the truck off. This time the lights did blink on the P1900 (but a storm was blowing through so I had to turn off the truck and shut the garage door.

I'm pretty sure I have the jumpers set so that the Mac should be going to sleep when the vehicle is turned off...

Comment

Have you set the Mac to sleep when the power button is pressed? It's in the control panel-->Energy Saver-->Options panel.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Yes, and it's not set to restart after a power failure, so I'm pretty sure the P1900 is 'pressing' the button after ignition.

Thanks,

Sean

Comment

Working...
        X