mac mini>touch screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mac mini>touch screen

how do you operate the computer from the touch screen. i want to hide the mini somewhere and use the screen to do everything. how is this done?

Originally posted by Juan_Bardez View Post
    how do you operate the computer from the touch screen. i want to hide the mini somewhere and use the screen to do everything. how is this done?
    Well you control it as with any mouse, that's actually it.

You will need some way to turn on/off the computer, you can wire a switch or buy a DC/DC power supply that has shutdown controller built in (the Carnetix CNX-P1900) for example.

// Per.

Comment

i meant, is there a way to control the mini through the touch screen, or do you need a second device?

Comment

a lot of people (myself included) have rotary devices such as the griffin powermate. these are completely configurable on a per application basis. they can be made to send any combination of key events which makes controlling applications (in most cases) much simpler while in the car. This of course does depend on the app being able to take key bindings.
        Check out the new version of NAS, a cross platform music frontend here

Comment

Wherever you touch the screen, that is like clicking on that spot with a mouse. If you keep your finger on the screen and drag it around, it is like clicking and holding.

The only other thing you need for control is a keyboard or use an onscreen keyboard.
          Originally posted by ghettocruzer
          I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
          Want to:
          -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
          -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Working...
          X