Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Mac mini today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Mac mini today?

    I believe so... After reading a lil I am ready to try my new mac mini car puter so get ready for lots of questions.

    Thanks in advance!!!

  • #2
    yep now's the time to buy

    Comment


    • #3
      I am just doin my research on best screen and power supply. I looked at all this before but after I got my iphone and looked at macs i realized this is the way to go. I am so excited just need to work out the details...

      Comment


      • #4
        yeah there is a new mini today and it was not even worth the wait.
        Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

        Comment


        • #5
          The Mini should be a $300 and $500 machine. Considering the fact that it hasn't undergone rapid change, Apple ought to be able to produce it for less and make some money off of it. Even if they didn't bump the speed in order to save cost it would have been cool.

          A $300 Mini might only had CD/DVD but no burner. That would have been better.

          It is a great package for the car, but I wouldn't buy it for the home. Not enough value there.
          Originally posted by ghettocruzer
          I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
          Want to:
          -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
          -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

          Comment


          • #6
            I think it has great value has a home theater PC. I plan to use put one in my car and then when the iPhone can truly take over all the functions I need, move the Mini to under my TV.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Deceptikon View Post
              I think it has great value has a home theater pc
              Yeah, it would be perfectly suited to that old 20" tube TV with stereo speakers...

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm in the process of spec'ing out parts for this summer's carputer project and I really like what I'm reading about the new Mac Mini. The video card is more than adequate to run either Front Row or Windows 7 Media Center. 5 USB slots will give me all the expansion I need for GPS, TV, etc. The best part is the energy consumption.

                "Apple also vaunts the energy-efficiency and 'green' qualities of the revamped Mac mini. At idle, the new Mac mini uses less than 13 watts of power 10 times less than a typical desktop PC, which makes it the most energy-efficient desktop computer in the world."

                Comment


                • #9
                  My dad just bought one last week. Now i gotta talk him in to exchanging it. He should be able to do that right? I might have to talk him in to trading me for mine with a little cash.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ours is arriving next week, so we should be playing around and seeing what the new mini has to offer.
                    Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

                    mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

                    Feel free to pm me if you:
                    • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
                    • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
                    • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
                    • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by onepuff View Post
                      My dad just bought one last week. Now i gotta talk him in to exchanging it. He should be able to do that right? I might have to talk him in to trading me for mine with a little cash.
                      Yes! Take it back. Apple will exchange it for you with a smile.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by meagain View Post
                        Yes! Take it back. Apple will exchange it for you with a smile.
                        Well i guess they charged him like $60 to exchange it for the new model. Good news he is gonna trade me for my 1.66 gHz model. It is upgraded to 2GB RAM and he doesn't really need a really powerful machine. Yay for me. Gonna order up the 4GB RAM for the new one soon! Then i'll have to make a new dock for it to go in the car to replace this mess.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          What power solutions do you/will you use for the Mac Mini in the car? Right now I have a PC in mine with a M2-ATX, but would LOVE to get a Mac Mini due to the better specs and lower power consumption. Reinstalling all the software and tweaks will suck, but it should be well worth it.
                          Carputer Progress:

                          Re-do fabrication of screen [DONE]
                          Add mini-USB and micro-USB power from M2-ATX [DONE]
                          Teardown PC [100%]
                          Add HDMI > VGA converter [0%]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by fatejd View Post
                            What power solutions do you/will you use for the Mac Mini in the car? Right now I have a PC in mine with a M2-ATX, but would LOVE to get a Mac Mini due to the better specs and lower power consumption. Reinstalling all the software and tweaks will suck, but it should be well worth it.

                            seems like all we need is found here

                            http://store.mp3car.com/category_s/147.htm

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Carnetix 1900 or 2140.
                              Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                              I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                              Want to:
                              -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                              -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X