Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front-End with Plex Media Center

Hi friends!

I would like somebody use Plex Media Center in MacCar?

http://www.plexapp.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXIEKJlFC_g

Thanks!

Can it be controlled via the keyboard? I'd like to try it out using a Griffin Powermate and I can emulate keyboard inputs using the controller.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

from what i can tell it is almost exclusively controlled by keyboard, or remote
      Check out the new version of NAS, a cross platform music frontend here

Comment

I almost posted on this yesterday.

They best solution would be to create an in-car skin for XBMC.
        Plex is based off XBMC and can use skins from it.

Here is the documentation:
        http://xbmc.org/development/skinning/

XBMC is a great media center that is cross-platform and very extensible.
        xb_mini

Comment

I imagined skin for using in car...because is necessary increase size font....

But skin default (Plex) is very beautiful! Then....using with...

Apple Control Remote http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Remote

and/or enable mouse in Plex(settings) = touch?

can Somebody try Plex in your MacCar? =)

Thanks Friends!!

Sorry my english! I'm from Brazil

Comment

my main problem with this at the moment is the inability to control with the mouse. i have a griffin powermate but that only gives you a max of 6 keys that you can emulate, maybe enough to fully control the app, but i would prefer being able to fall back on touch if need be.
            Check out the new version of NAS, a cross platform music frontend here

Comment

Okay, I tried it. I meet the system specs (Intel 1.66 mac mini with 2gb of ram) but all that happens is it launches with a blank white window in the center of the screen.

The users guide doesn't match the version of the software that I must have downloaded. It refers to the Preferences menu choice while my version only has an Advanced Preferences choice and no apparent way to set the resolution.

I'm running it via screen share. That could be the problem. I'll try it connected directly to a monitor after work.
              Originally posted by ghettocruzer
              I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
              Want to:
              -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
              -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Holy slow 108kb download....

Comment

anybody get this to work?

Comment

I use plex as my front end for my Intel based Mac Mini Media center on my 52" LCD in my living room.

As a medic center its great, i can seamlessly run 264x 1080P HD video and control the whole interface with the Mac Mini Remote.

HOWEVER its amazing for video/tv shows, but I find the music interface lacking and extremely annoying to use. I would not recommend this in a vechile just for this purpose it takes to long to navigate through all the music and decide what you want to listen too. This could be a major issue for me only because i have 150+ gigs of music, but at the same time, id have that in my car.

So my vote is NO for automotive use at this point. and YES for at home use. If your into home theater, id recommend looking into an intel mac mini based media center with a plex front end. its a beautiful thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X