Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Product Question

hey,
    I am about to decide what to do for sound. I dont know much about the sound cards but have heard good things about this product.
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...N+MODEL+-.html

Will it do the same as a sound card? It is blue tooth capable so I will be able to make adjustments on my mac.
    Any input is greatly appreciated.

It is a good product, but it is not a sound card. This unit produces no audio signal whatsoever.
    The 3Sixty units are audio processors. You can tune the audio from a bluetooth-enabled PDA (or possibly a PC), but that's all. It will not allow you to adjust your Mac from the 3Sixty.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

rockford are excellent amplifiers, i use the older rockford fosage in my 07 tundra with the factory speakers and nothing sounds like it.
      however if you dont have a sound card already installed on your PC either onboard, PCI or USB then this and any other amplifier would serve as a heavy brick of metal.
      i use my rockford with an onboard realtek ac 97 and the soundis crisp and clean. so if you already have an onboard or other sound card, go ahead and get this AMP, otherwise you are looking up the wrong product.
      ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
      2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5
      >"Say what you mean and mean what you say"<

Comment

As previously said, that is not a sound card. It is a sound processor. It essentially takes an RCA output, & changes it to +/- outputs for OEM integration. Then, it allows you to process the music how you want it.

Comment

rockford are excellent amplifiers, i use the older rockford fosage in my 07 tundra with the factory speakers and nothing sounds like it.
          however if you dont have a sound card already installed on your PC either onboard, PCI or USB then this and any other amplifier would serve as a heavy brick of metal.
          i use my rockford with an onboard realtek ac 97 and the soundis crisp and clean. so if you already have an onboard or other sound card, go ahead and get this AMP, otherwise you are looking up the wrong product.

I might be misunderstanding you but the product I linked to above is not an amplifier.

As previously said, that is not a sound card. It is a sound processor. It essentially takes an RCA output, & changes it to +/- outputs for OEM integration. Then, it allows you to process the music how you want it.

This product is not just for OEM integration, it is for aftermarket as well. But yes, it is just a eq

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
          It is a good product, but it is not a sound card. This unit produces no audio signal whatsoever.
          The 3Sixty units are audio processors. You can tune the audio from a bluetooth-enabled PDA (or possibly a PC), but that's all. It will not allow you to adjust your Mac from the 3Sixty.
          Correct, I understand it creates no audio signal but I have an after market amplifier that it will be hooked up (Sorry, should have mentioned that). With that said, with the 3sixty.2 + external amp will a sound card be needed or serve any purpose?
          Thanks

Comment

Well, you need some device to generate an audio signal.
            A PC's sound hardware (either external sound card or onboard audio chipset).
            An iPod.
            A portable CD Player
            Hell, an old 8-track tape player could be your audio source.

Yes, you have to have an audio source.
            Now, does that mean you need an external sound card in your PC? No.
            Could an external sound card improve your audio quality? Possibly.
            How about the Wiki?

Comment

Thanks for the response.
              Now you are saying I have an " audio source" - that would be my mac right?
              And you are saying I need and audio signal. Isn't my my mac producing an audio signal too?
              Sorry if I am a little slow, thanks for the patience.

Comment

darque is giving you different examples of different audio sources..

it is a little confusing, but i think that you understand that the three sixty is just a eq, and that you would still need a source(pc) and a amp(you said you had already).
                My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                carpc undecided

Comment

right, ok now that I read it again I understand a little better. BUT back to my original question will the sound card (whether on board or external) matter if I have the 3sixty and amp?

Comment

Originally posted by nastra622 View Post
                    Thanks for the response.
                    Now you are saying I have an " audio source" - that would be my mac right?
                    Yes.

And you are saying I need and audio signal. Isn't my my mac producing an audio signal too?
                    Yes, your Mac produces an audio signal. That audio signal typically is output through a 3.5mm audio jack (a.k.a. headphone jack).

Sorry if I am a little slow, thanks for the patience.
                    Maybe this will help: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/advf...iew&advfaqid=7

Originally posted by nastra622 View Post
                    right, ok now that I read it again I understand a little better. BUT back to my original question will the sound card (whether on board or external) matter if I have the 3sixty and amp?
                    Different audio hardware processes audio differently. IF you're a hardcore audiophile, the onboard audio capabilities of your Mac may be painful to your ears. In that case, then you may want higher-end audio hardware for the Mac.

Really, though, for most people, onboard sound is sufficient.
                    How about the Wiki?

Comment

Hey, I like this thread, as it it tackles an issue that I had while getting my project off the ground. I personally thank all who have contributed to this thread.

@ Nastra622: As my tag states, I'm setting up my '07 Camry as a carputer, and am affectionately calling it the '07 MACry. Originally, reading certain threads got me thinking that I need an external DSP [Digital Sound Processor] or some sort of device for better sound. Based on replies I've received from everyone (from Apple technicians to audiophiles,) the line-out/headphone jack connected to amp via RCA cables should suffice.
                      But I love my sound.
                      So to you I say this: based on the info for the 3sixty, I say that you have all the connections necessary. It'll just go from the mini to the 3sixty, and I believe from the 3sixty to the Amp, or something like that. If you choose to use this method, then please let us know how it is working for you. If the sound is excellent, you'll inspire me to probably get one as well.

Again, thanks to all of you guys who commented on this thread. I can now move forward...
                      All systems are a go...
                      Currently in "tweaking" mode.

The Worklog

Comment

Working...
                      X