No announcement yet.

Carnetix P2140 starting mac mini

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnetix P2140 starting mac mini

Hello all

Today i got around to installing my mac mini car computer with P2140 PSU/controller

When i tested it with a powersupply a few weeks ago everything was working as it should

now when i turn on the ignition, the p2140 powers up and starts flashing but it never triggers the mini, i can manually short the pins on the switch cable and it will start no problems

any ideas why it would not be automatically starting?

Most likely, you don't have the power supply wired properly. Check your connections.

Power supply is wired pos to pos, ground to ground and yellow to acc

connection from power supply is via mac pac prewired cable

You'll probably want to hook the 2140 up a computer via USB and see what it's doing with the PSUmoni software.

Check out this video to see if it helps

Sound System () 100%
          Power System () 100%
          MacMini Setup () 100%

The 2140 can sometimes get 'scrambled' -especially during testing or if your battery goes dead. Hook it up to the USB and reflash it. That may do the trick.
            Originally posted by ghettocruzer
            I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
            Want to:
            -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
            -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

It appears it was a broken green acpi wire on the 'quality' mac pac cable

soldered it back on the plug and that problem is now solved

Now i have an issue of that it is sleeping my mini fine but then after around 1 minute its cutting power to it

software is set to sleep mode