Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What frontend is alive and well?

Hey all,

A long time ago I was going to install a pc into my car back when I only found one company at ces that sold a 7" touch screen that had a rgb input... flash forward and I'm ready to do the deed. lol

Still have the monitor and have a mac mini. Got my McIntosh amps and am ready to put them in, So i was checking the interfaces for the mac mini's and not sure if they are all alive or if i should look at a pc version with windows 7?

I did a lot of searching, just not sure whats around.

Need to figure out a good DAC or preamp between the mac and the amps... but that is a easier part of the equation then the interface I think.

Thanks for reading and the help if you can

Just scroll through and its easy to tell what died and whats still active by looking at the dates:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/front-ends/
    openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
    - Always Recruiting Developers -
    Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

I think they meant MAC frontends...because as anyone knows...there aint one thats currently under dev except QCar that gets no marketing.
      (All done)
      iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

Originally posted by sdashiki View Post
        I think they meant MAC frontends...because as anyone knows...there aint one thats currently under dev except QCar that gets no marketing.
        OM is cross-platform...just our mac support has lagged a little behind (due to the lack of mac users/interest).
        openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
        - Always Recruiting Developers -
        Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

ICE3 is the only one that seems to be working good for me on Leopard & Snow Leopard.
          AmpXM seems klunky.
          My Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by justchat_1 View Post
            OM is cross-platform...just our mac support has lagged a little behind (due to the lack of mac users/interest).
            I downloaded and installed OM 1.5, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to even launch it.
            How to bring a laptop out of standby with WOL features

Comment

I might be wrong but you need to download mono for mac to get OM to work.
              lolo, I installed mono but still need to try OM ... bad boy me

Comment

Working...
              X