Mac Mini Mounting Solutions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Mini Mounting Solutions?

So my screen is in my dash the hard part is done but what is the best way to mount my mac mini. I dont have any room in the car so it will have to be in the trunk.

so far I have found two options the MacCuff and the CinnaMount

The CinnaMount seems reasonable for $35CAD vs the MacCuff for $60USD but they are sold out so how do you mount your mini?

Wow, those are pretty sweet. I like the MacCuff drawer like thingy!

Years ago, I made a ghetto amp rack for my car. Cost me like $4. A piece of wood, 4 brackets that I bent and some screws. Looked like crap but it stuck to the bottom of my back deck and never failed me

Comment

You can always build your own mount. A little plexiglass and epoxy will do you.

Comment

What kind of car? There is typically a lot of room behind the dash if you know where to look... and don't mind a little modding. And who here doesn't mind a little modding!?
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...150-carpc.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kalenth View Post
          What kind of car? There is typically a lot of room behind the dash if you know where to look... and don't mind a little modding. And who here doesn't mind a little modding!?
          1998 nissan 240sx I could probably fit it behind the screen but I prefer the trunk

Comment

Im using a cinnamount in my center console:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	P6199740.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	2277704
            holds it tight and still able to slide it out if I needs to.
            adhesive foam tape holds it to the side of the center console.
            (All done)
            iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

sdashiki, how do you have your wires rigged up?

I have mine under the center console with a hole in the bottom to connect to the Mini. It's kind of a pain to disconnect and reconnect the Mini because I can't see what I'm doing. Longer cables would probably help. Or some sort of docking solution like what BugByte did.

Comment

Ive got long enough cables to pull it out. They run into the cavity underneath the center console, there is surprisingly alot of room. The mac is inside the center console compartment, but the wires and everything run inside the console itself towards the dash.

However, I put the P2140 inside the console itself two (outside the frame to the left underneath the cup holders) and this is causing heat issues. So I have to move it where there's more air circulating.
                (All done)
                iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

I plan on fabbing up a simple bracket with some rubber mounting points to help soak up some of the vibrations.

Those links you provided are pretty neat. Maybe I'll just buy one of those lol

Comment

I used a mount from "H-Squared". It has held the mini for over 2 years without any problems.
                    http://h-sq.com/products/minimount/index.html
                    xb_mini

Comment

Working...
                    X