Silos Mac FE is going very well! - UPDATE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silos Mac FE is going very well! - UPDATE

Just thought i would give everyone an update. We have about a total of 200 BETA testers for Silos Media. Out of the 200 only about 5 are actively contributing. We ask that if you are apart of the BETA and have the FE running please don't hesitate to contact us via our website on bugs, improvements, ui etc.

Also be sure to keep up to date with our blog as we have been posting screen shots of Silos Media running and it looks fantastic! we are very excited about this! If you put all the other fe together none of them even compare. Silos is fast! about 4 sec start time. Silos is very UI friendly! Looks spectacular. Be sure to check out our blog and give us some feedback on how you think it is going so far.

Some people have been asking will it have GPS. YES IT WILL. We are working on getting GPS licensing to give you the BEST experience!

We will be rolling out the full version soon! We will have 2 versions. A basic version and a extreme version. The extreme version will come with GPS for the maps of a specific area (North America, Europe etc.). The basic version will be the same as the extreme version just with NO GPS functionality.

Thanks for supporting Blue Hawk Solutions inc!
    Dave Sferra
    CEO

i am interested in testing. where do I go for Beta if they are still open.

V/r
    Robert Lieder
    Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

Comment

It looks really nice!
      -

Comment

Reminds me a bit of Centrafuse from the screen shots.

Comment

is there a link directly to the project? I just saw the update slides on your blog page when i googled the company. I feel left out
          Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

Comment

Originally posted by pepsibobby View Post
            i am interested in testing. where do I go for Beta if they are still open.

V/r
            Robert Lieder
            The beta is now closed as final release will roll out shortly.

Originally posted by aychamo View Post
            It looks really nice!
            THANKS! Glad you like it!

Originally posted by Machinehead View Post
            Reminds me a bit of Centrafuse from the screen shots.
            We spent hours on UI and we took every FE out there and took its best qualities, color button placement and size to colors.

Originally posted by pepsibobby View Post
            is there a link directly to the project? I just saw the update slides on your blog page when i googled the company. I feel left out
            As of right now there is not. If you go to our blog page you can subscribe to the RSS as that is where you'll get the most up to date information.

Comment

Will you guys be releasing a version for 10.5 Leopard. I'm running an older PPC mac in the car right now, and I would love to pick this up when it comes out, but it looks like your only running on Snow Leopard.

Comment

yes we will! please send us an email from our website contact page and we'll keep you on file as we are going to be testing the 10.5+ PPC and INtel build shortly. Are you part of the beta program?

Comment

Yes I'm in the Beta Program, but I havent' been able to test since the Beta is Intel only...

Comment

Ok well send us an email. Yes our build were 10.6 and intel only. But this is why this is BETA.

Comment

Email sent... I understand about the Beta being 10.6 only, I just wanted to make sure you were not going to exclude ppc from the final product, which is good to hear that you are not.

Comment

cool someone should get to you next week.

Comment

Ok, I will use this forum since I haven't said much about it. After about a couple of weeks with it, I can honestly say this Axiom/Silos software is awesome! If the betas (which have had no hiccups yet) are a sign of what's ahead, I cannot wait for the final releases, with and without GPS. But Dave, please bring on the GPS! That's 10GB I dedicated to windowz that I can finally remove!!!
                          All systems are a go...
                          Currently in "tweaking" mode.

The Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by Project07MACry View Post
                            Ok, I will use this forum since I haven't said much about it. After about a couple of weeks with it, I can honestly say this Axiom/Silos software is awesome! If the betas (which have had no hiccups yet) are a sign of what's ahead, I cannot wait for the final releases, with and without GPS. But Dave, please bring on the GPS! That's 10GB I dedicated to windowz that I can finally remove!!!
                            Glad you are liking the software! Of course there is going to be GPS in the extreme version of Axiom. In the video we posted i mentioned that the GPS is what basically we are waiting for in the extreme version. We dont want to just throw in some cheap looking maps and expect you guys to like it. We have been in communication and in the final stages of finalization, with the supplier on the maps licensing.

Most likely this is what is going to happen. We are going to release Axiom Basic, price:TBA when the licensing for AE (axiom Extreme) finalizes and we input the maps into the application we will release AE. If you are a user who purchased AB (Axiom Basic) and wish to upgrade... all you would pay is the difference between the two versions.

Also just wanted to add that Axiom on MacOSX will NOT be distributed through the "Mac App Store" We think that is a joke to Mac development and that Apple takes 30% of revenue for something that we can do ourselves.

Comment

I have waited a long time for this. No more Bootcamp and windows. The iTunes interface looks great!

Will there be XM Radio or Sirius support?

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                              X