X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Mini installed in Lexus IS300

http://www.is300.net/forums/showthread.php?t=242507

amazingly clean

Nobody got a price out of the guy. Any idea on how much that was to install?

Comment

Is that composite video??
      My Install Thread
      digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
      How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

Yes that is composite video on the Pioneer head unit that typically plays DVDs. So he has some resolution loss, but probably not too much. Macs play well on composites compared to PCs, esp on S-video.
        "If it works this good why F with it?" -KMFDM "Intro"

Strive for ethical wardriving: http://faq.wardrive.net/

My CarCPUs: v1 - 2000 | v2 - 2004
        Mp3Car Meets: http://detrimental.org/eyecandy/MP3CarMeets

Comment

hows the load time?

Comment

is he using a frontend?

Comment

Who cars, IMO he had someone build it for him and its not "personalized". I could care less it looks like a clean install but it has nothing original to it to make it "his".
              (All done)
              iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

Who cares if its his or not? Its HIS car isnt it?

If you're going to be that picky you might as well go find out how to make a car so everything will be "yours".

Comment

Originally posted by Elantro
                  Who cares if its his or not? Its HIS car isnt it?

If you're going to be that picky you might as well go find out how to make a car so everything will be "yours".
                  Ditto.

There is something to be said about doing something yourself, but more to be said about having something turn out well. The lucky ones are the ones that can do both...but not everyone's lucky.
                  Thanks,

Joe

Comment

For composite (or S video) that looks pretty good, I wonder what my Alpine would look like through svideo, I always assumed it would look pretty horrible.

don

Comment

Originally posted by The Don
                      For composite (or S video) that looks pretty good, I wonder what my Alpine would look like through svideo, I always assumed it would look pretty horrible.

don
                      I've done it on alpines iva d300, looks like crap compared to the lilliput, but with nothing to compare it to I guess it is usable....for dvd's it's just fine, front end software it's worse & desktop or small text it is almost useless....., if you output 640X480 & use large fonts it is usable though.......less than ideal.....
                      MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Well it wouldn't be worth it for the lack of touchscreen anyhow.

don

Comment

Working...
                        X