Any new develpoments on Mac GPS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any new develpoments on Mac GPS

any updates? I am an avid mac user since the days of Apple IIe. I am waiting on this before i jump into getting a mini mac

anyone?

Comment

Nope. Choices are Route 66 or Virtual PC with a PC app.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

updates

Originally posted by Bugbyte
        Nope. Choices are Route 66 or Virtual PC with a PC app.
        what happened to all the great progress on the linux gps programs

Comment

Originally posted by DocNupe
          what happened to all the great progress on the linux gps programs
          People realized it sucks real bad when your nav system tells you to drive the wrong way down a one way street.
          StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
          Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
          The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Originally posted by god_of_cpu
            People realized it sucks real bad when your nav system tells you to drive the wrong way down a one way street.
            lol

Comment

anyone using vpc 7 and CoPILOT LIVE ?

Comment

nope, vpc is out.

Personally, I don't see that there would be many problems w/ TIGER data in my area, but then again I don't live in Nantucket, or some other place w/ a lot of one-way streets.

Comment

I'd hate to see someone trying to use that software in manhattan.

No wait, actually I'd love to see that.

Comment

Well I guess this really sucks, I don;'t see what is so hard about getting a workable GPS program ported to a mac. I mean if a palm pilot can handle it then, why not a mac mini???

Comment

Yeah, dude, you want to try it? If it ain't so hard? no offense, but it's not quite as easy as it might seem.

The big problem isn't the program -- it's the maps. Commercial map data providers charge a "per widget" price, which can be quite expensive. I've looked into it, and I'd need a pretty large chunk of change to make it happen. Yearly, too, not a one-time expenditure.

cej102937

Comment

Working...
                      X