Mac Mini MINI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Mini MINI

It's only fitting to have this combination.

I've got the MINI & the Mac MINI. Soon to have the New Lilliput 7" touch screen and hopefully the powersupply 1st of April.

Mike
    05 MINI Cooper Cabrio "Mac MINI"
    progress 95%- Mac Mini, Lilliput 7" , usb-wifi, Rayming GPS, Route 66,easy cat touch pad, CCAR front end"skinned",P1900 power supply

That is quite the perfect combination.

Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Progress: On hold while I pay off my new PowerBook :D
    Part List:
    VIA MII10000 - 512MB - 20Gig 2.5" - Rikaline 6010 - 7" Lilliput - CNX-P1260 - Alpine 4ch Amp - 4 Gauge wire and fused distrobution block.

Comment

It looks as if it was made for this! The mini I mean... nono, that mini
      List of front-ends/usefull apps
      XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Wow! It's like the mini case matches the mini trim. Can't wait to see the finished install. Post your progress in the worklogs section when you get underway.
        Originally posted by ghettocruzer
        I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
        Want to:
        -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
        -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

i sold my mini (cooper S) last month :-( so i'm gonna hopefully do my mini (macintosh) install in my SSR instead. just curious where you plan to put the lcd? do you have the standard speedo or did you get the factory nav?

-Wes
          2005 m3 coupe, carputer to come...

Comment

and why don't add a new ipodmini to transfer stuff from house to car? :P

P.S. i was thinking buying one cooper to add a macmini inside....how geek!

Comment

I have the big speedometer in the center and no navigation screen. I plan to modify the cup holder mount to attach the screen to it where it sets in front of the radio and auto a/c controls. Then it will swing away to the right to reveal the radio & a/c. My volume control for the radio is on the steering wheel. I'll try to photoshop an image of this setup.

If all this doesn't work right I may embed the screen in the radio / a/c area and move all the components down. Then place the mac mini in the glove box or add a parcel shelf under the steering wheel sides dash.

Mike

possible layout of screen
              progress 95%- Mac Mini, Lilliput 7" , usb-wifi, Rayming GPS, Route 66,easy cat touch pad, CCAR front end"skinned",P1900 power supply

Comment

Here's some pics of the progress. Still waiting for a power supply.

Mike

Comment

Mutilator is also doing a CarPC in a Mini Convertible, he has integrated the screen fully into the dash, I think hes posted pics somewhere on here.

Comment

noice install. somehow, I knew it was only a matter of time before there was a Mac mini Mini, (or mac mini squared). Cool idea too, with the hinge. I dont think i would've been able to pull that off.

Comment

My Mac MINI Cooper hit a delay. The stupid 7"Lilliput cable went bad at the 9 pin DIN connector. If anyone has the new lilliput 629GL-70np/c/t please see my thread in LCD forum and try to give me a hand. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45698

Thanks,
                      Mike

Comment

Damn dude that sucks. I really like what you did with the screen, great idea!
                        Dak TruckPuter:

Mac: - Researching and Awaiting Funds

Changed to planning for a Mac Mini Trukputer...w3rd.

Comment

Not a fan of mac, but i gotta say, that's really fitting. Looks great.

Comment

It's installed

My Mac MINI Cooper project is installed!! With the new P1900 working great!

I modified the floor air duct behind the Mac Mini allowing it to set a little further back. This worked great! This is a little more close up.

I was able to mount the P1900 under the glove box in the top of the footwell and then I mounted the USB hub in my glove box.

And the screen still flips to the side to reveal the components behind it.

Now we need a good front end that can be used with the touch screen.

Mike F.

Comment

how does route 66 work for you?
                              Carputer Progress:
                              [!!'-------] 25%
                              have to fabricate screen mount

have to start over, lilliput died, 1st laptop broke, have to sell the 2nd one. damn

Comment

Working...
                              X