Pharos i360 with a mac mini?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharos i360 with a mac mini?

Hey guys. FIrst post and thread so help me out here. I already have streets and trips 2005 with the gps mouse that came with it, USB of course. I currently have that hooked up to my PDA vis compact flash, but am planning on installing a mac mini in my 4runner. My question is: Is there a mapping program that will work with the Pharos 360 I already have via USB or do I have to buy something else? And what is one of the better software mapping systems that I can use, or should I simply use a windows emulator and run streets and trips?

Welcome, someguynamedmat. The best mapping software solution seems to be running VPC with a decent Windows package. Supposedly, Navigator will be releasing a Mac version in the next 6 months or so but don't know if that will be any good or not.

Currently, the only native Mac solution is Route 66. Those who have it say it isn't as good as the PC packages.

Can't speak for the GPS. My Mac Mini is due to arrive some time in the near future but don't have one just yet.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by someguynamedmat
      Hey guys. FIrst post and thread so help me out here. I already have streets and trips 2005 with the gps mouse that came with it, USB of course. I currently have that hooked up to my PDA vis compact flash, but am planning on installing a mac mini in my 4runner. My question is: Is there a mapping program that will work with the Pharos 360 I already have via USB or do I have to buy something else? And what is one of the better software mapping systems that I can use, or should I simply use a windows emulator and run streets and trips?
      Did this work?

Comment

Virtual PC does work. There's a post from a ways back where one of the guys tried it out and it worked fine.
        Originally posted by ghettocruzer
        I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
        Want to:
        -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
        -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Working...
        X