Dimensions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimensions

Does anyone know the dimension of the mac mini WITH the DVI to VGA converter hooked into the back? Anyone know of the dimensions of it with the other (located at the apple store and is the DVI to VGA converter that looks to be smaller than the one that comes with the mini) converter connected? My space is very limited for where I'm mounting the mini, so any help is greatly appreciated since I haven't ordered my mini yet. Thanks.

Why...yes, I do know the dimensions. I'm wrestling with the same problem (see my for more detail)worklog

You need about 10" of space. Here's a pic. The ruler is lined up with the front of the Mini.

Here's what I'm going to do about it (your link didn't work, by the way):

Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

ah.....I see........IDEA! What is you could by one of those mini vga cables (mentioned above) in DVI form? Do they make these? If we did that, then we could have the DVI to VGA converter elswhere where the space is not so important? Would this work?

Comment

Yes, you can do that. They go for $30-ish. My problem is that the fact that the cables stick out any distance at all is an issue. So, once I cut into the heater box, I'll have more than enough room.
        I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
        Want to:

Comment

Yeah I have a VW GTI and I have approx 7.5 to 7.75 inches of depth that I can have. Can you direct me to a cable like that? Thanks.

Comment

I just Googled up a bunch of them. This place has a ton:

http://www.pacificcable.com/DVI.htm

but I can't say they are the cheapest.
            Want to:

Comment

Sorry, but I didnt see any thin ones on there???? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X