USGlobalSat GPS/Route 66 w/Mac mini

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USGlobalSat GPS/Route 66 w/Mac mini

Here is the setup and software install write-up on RainyDayGarage.

http://www.rainydaymagazine.com/RDM2...erGPSSetup.htm

We'll be doing the road test using the G3 laptop in the next few days...once we figure out this Route66 software.

Seems to work fine with the Mac mini.

Im running Route 66 in my 350z setup too. One question for you. I see in your screenshots you got the street window to maximize. How did you do that? I can't seem to get rid of the left hand side window and bottom window. Any insight would be great.

Comment

The upper left most icon...clicking on that expands the app window to show just the map. Then we just expanded the app's window to max using the normal Mac OS (green +) window button.

Comment

Thanks i'll give it a wirl on my drive home.. The instructions manual/user manual was great. Im just kidding - it's non existent. I cannot believe they include NO users manual with this software. What kind of company is this!.

Comment

I noticed that Route66 doesn't support Tiger. Anyone try to install it anyway?

Comment

Currently running it on Tiger (G3 laptop, G4 desktop, Mac Mini)...no problems so far.

Comment

Been working just fine

I installed Route 66 before I upgraded...did the upgrade to Tiger....still works fine as far as I can tell. Not the greatest program in the world but I'm being patient.
              JDKARR01
              Mac Mini(80 Gb/512Mb mem/Airport/Bluetooth)
              GPS(Route 66-hopefully something better soon)
              DWW-700M
              Progress[still buying stuff]

Comment

I have Route 66 running on tiger. It lags like a mofo though. Dosen't show my exact position till I sit there for like 5 seconds. Say I am driving down a road and stop and a cross street. It takes a good 5 seconds for it to catch up. Anyway to fix this? Also is there any way to get the map to rotate when you turn the vehicle so there is not always a static north?

Comment

Originally posted by sars
                  I have Route 66 running on tiger. It lags like a mofo though. Dosen't show my exact position till I sit there for like 5 seconds. Say I am driving down a road and stop and a cross street. It takes a good 5 seconds for it to catch up. Anyway to fix this? Also is there any way to get the map to rotate when you turn the vehicle so there is not always a static north?
                  You tell me!
                  What are the specs of the system it's running on BTW?
                  Carputer status: [-*---------]
                  Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Mac mini 1.2 +256

Comment

Route 66 is dead on for me.. maybe its your gps unit cause mine is accurate enough to tell me my exact speed and shows right when i'm going through intersections. I believe the refresh rate is every 1 second.

Comment

Originally posted by maxipad96
                        Route 66 is dead on for me.. maybe its your gps unit cause mine is accurate enough to tell me my exact speed and shows right when i'm going through intersections. I believe the refresh rate is every 1 second.
                        What gps reciever do you use?
                        Carputer status: [-*---------]
                        Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Rikaline 6010

Comment

Originally posted by sars
                            ive got the same prob, just installed 2004, i had 2002 running fine but wanted the newer updates. 2004 takes like 20 seconds to catch up with me, thats with a bu-303 on a 1.3 powerbook with 768 ram!

it really ****ed me off, im gonna try the gps unit in other places tho. it was on my windscreen today, will try the back.
                            www.davebateman.com

Comment

Hmm, got exactly the same problem with 5 seconds delay, even with the newest version. Very nice for navigation :-(

The support guys at R66 continue to tell me it is not possible and that they have real-time GPS and this has been fixed long time ago. Maybe when I get <censored> just a little bit more, I will drop by at their HQ (not far from where I live) and show them...

Except for this, no problems whatsoever running R66 on Tiger (PowerBook G4 1.25 and Mac mini 1.4)

Comment

Working...
                              X